Chefs table menu ?

brockmom

13 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Wonder if they would run a vegetarian menu for my cruise mate    Will ask next time on. I lways enjoyed the chef tables

My wife follows a vegan/vegetarian diet when we tried to do chefs table they couldn’t accomodate her, maybe they had so much interest they weren’t interested in flexibility.

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

My wife follows a vegan/vegetarian diet when we tried to do chefs table they couldn’t accomodate her, maybe they had so much interest they weren’t interested in flexibility.

Understandable.  It’s such a small subset.  They do. Great job tho in aqua and main dining.  Sometimes have done specials just for her after talking to rest manager.   I can see special dinners being hard to accommodate 

16 minutes ago, bikerunner said:

Understandable.  It’s such a small subset.  They do. Great job tho in aqua and main dining.  Sometimes have done specials just for her after talking to rest manager.   I can see special dinners being hard to accommodate 

Very tuff, I was just responding to the question, however I would encourage you to ask if you want do do chef’s table, and yes MDR has always gone above and beyond to accomodate, she follows it for health reasons and Vegan works best but in a punch vegetarian now and then is OK.

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Menu attached.  Also includes his cookbook. CF624B3E-9E17-4D55-9F81-2E550B566517.thumb.jpeg.73ac2c4611315e505a97ce44752d8793.jpeg

05272716-66F9-4D60-8057-E8DD0E4C8F2B.thumb.jpeg.f4bbc73d16a2cd602008494530b5414d.jpeg

thank you !

it does look like a lovely dinner......

Is this something you recommend Jim?

Does Celebrity do a good job and you feel like it was worth the extra charges ?

we enjoyed a chefs table on Princess in the past and would be comparing to that

I am sure.

thanks for your comments

Brockmom

22 hours ago, brockmom said:
On 12/31/2019 at 5:49 PM, Jim_Iain said:

thank you !

it does look like a lovely dinner......

Is this something you recommend Jim?

Does Celebrity do a good job and you feel like it was worth the extra charges ?

we enjoyed a chefs table on Princess in the past and would be comparing to that

I am sure.

thanks for your comments

Brockmom

Everything was delicious and well presented.    We chose the set menu and was not disappointed except way too much to eat.

Our's was rather an uncomfortable evening.   There were suppose to be 4-5 couples but only we and one other couple showed up.   Iain was the only one who chose the wine pairing.     The other couple were very pleasant but it was like pulling teeth to carry on a conversation.    We have done other chef's tables with 10 people and was a much better experience. 

We love the Chef's table at other cruise lines, for approx $100.00/pp including wine pairing at no additional cost and have booked and attended it several times. After booking our next cruise on Celebrity, found that the Chef's table alone is $139.00/pp, plus $60.00/pp for wine pairings, making it double the price on other lines, very disappointed, but will not be attending on principle, it seems like price gauging to us. Instead we will be reserving a few specialty restaurants for this sailing and will return to past cruise lines for future cruises.

Resent posts on CC report that the Chef's table, which is held at one of the specialty restaurants instead of the MDR presented the exact menu served at the specialty restaurant, they complained and were refunded their charge. Additionally, several posts have also reported that the cook book, nor the group picture are being offered. Not sure if this was a matter of the book not being available for the particular sailing or a permanent elimination. Another reason we will not be indulging. Extremely disappointed with Celebrity. 

Edited by BelloMundo

Thank you !

i appreciate your thoughts and comments.

we did also feel like it was quiet a bit more than other lines but I am one 

who will spend for value if you know what I mean.

This doesn’t feel like the way I want to spend my Sbc.

I am sure the food will be good but for the price it may be a hit

or miss experience so we will pass.

thanks

Brockmom

• Like 1