Absolutely wonderful Customer Service

Beardface

I just had an experience that I had to share in here, because I know what the reputation is.

I noticed the thread that popped up yesterday regarding the ability for people who are either Teachers or Government Employees to get a discount on their bookings through MSC.  My wife is Faculty/Staff at the local University here in town, and I knew this would apply to us, so I immediately called up MSC to see if this could be done.  I was On Hold for about 20 minutes (which is roughly the same hold time I experienced a couple weeks ago when I needed to call up for another issue) before I was able to speak with someone.  After a quick call, he said the discount should be able to be applied, even after our Final Payment, and they'd just credit 10% of the room back to our credit card after we sent an email to verify her employment.  Which, hey, saved us a bit of money for the booking right up front right as we're looking to book excursions, so already I was in a good mood.

5 minutes later, I get a call back from this MSC rep.  While we were on the phone, he was looking through my account and noticed we were being charged for a package that was already covered through our initial booking.  He went out of his way to escalate to his own management to get my contact information in order to personally call me back and make sure the issue was resolved immediately.  I have never had this happen before.  I have never, ever had someone affiliated with any company, let alone a cruise line, literally go out of their way to let me know that I was overpaying them for a service and that I was owed a refund, and this representative from MSC did just that, and saved us around $300 on our vacation for his effort.

I know MSC gets a bad rap on here, but it certainly seems like they've listened to their customers and are serious about changing their ways.  I was blown away with the experience that I had yesterday and it is absolutely something that will drive me to book with MSC again in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We have been on two MSC cruises and found their customer service to be fine to excellent. One crummy rep out of about 12 contacts. Where they shine is onboard. Two of my very best experiences yet. I complimented them and they sent four gifts to our room - not YC but an inside cabin!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing that awesome experience! Companies that go above and beyond deserve to be called out. We are so excited about trying MSC. Sail time is 2 weeks, 2 hours, 30 minutes.... but I'm not keeping track or anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also had a great experience last week.  I wasn't able to access and print my final documents 18 days prior to the cruise.  I called and waited on hold for about 10 minutes.  The customer service rep was very helpful and realized the problem immediately.  Within five minutes I was printing my documents.  She also answered my boarding questions quickly and provided me with very professional service.    

• Like 1

Ok I am going to jump on this bandwagon. I just had to cancel a few reservations and apply my discount I will say I sat on the phone waiting for someone to pickup for about 30 min but once they did they were able to handle everything on that call including cancelling 2 reservations ( my wife and I didn't talk this am we both found fantastica balconies this am so you guessed it we had 3 room lol) Luna was her name she was spot on with her information excellent customer service no canned responses to my questions and actually had a sense of humor. I know someone is going to flame this but this has been my experience the few times I had to call tonight included.

• Like 1