Booking cruise out of Florida January 2021

Looking to book either Allure out of Miami on January 24, 2021 or Harmony also on that same date but out of Port Canaveral.  Can anyone tell me if there are any major happenings in either of these cities that may make getting hotels difficult at this time?  

January is in peak season in Miami - expect tons of tourists.  We're going on Harmony this Sunday out of Pt Canaveral just so we don't have to sit in the traffic on I 95 or the turnpike from Ft Lauderdale all the way to Miami.  Hotels usually don't take bookings more than 11 months in advance (even though they don't tell you that.....) but I wouldn't wait too long.  We booked our pre cruise hotel in Pt Canaveral last February. 

3 minutes ago, sandy00039 said:

I guess I was mainly wondering if there were any major conventions or anything like that going on at this time.

For Port Canaveral, are you curious about Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach, or Orlando?

8 minutes ago, sandy00039 said:

Both I guess.  We will be flying into Orlando and will either stay the night there or in the Cocoa Beach/cape canaveral area.  Or better yet, do you have an extra room?  Sorry couldn't resist.

You buying dinner🤔

20200107_191817.thumb.jpg.ef07aefc717dadec3ca03d80d8697ffb.jpg

Nothing going on here that I know of. Just typical Snowbirds 

• Like 1

Buying you dinner would be cheaper than paying for a hotel room.  Unfortunately there will be 6 of us.  As much as I love my family I think that room would be a little too cozy for all of us.  Since you live in such a prime location I bet you get many visitors.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

January is in peak season in Miami - expect tons of tourists.  We're going on Harmony this Sunday out of Pt Canaveral just so we don't have to sit in the traffic on I 95 or the turnpike from Ft Lauderdale all the way to Miami.  Hotels usually don't take bookings more than 11 months in advance (even though they don't tell you that.....) but I wouldn't wait too long.  We booked our pre cruise hotel in Pt Canaveral last February. 

I'm confused about your post.  What does Pt. Canaveral have to do with Ft. Lauderdale to Miami?  We recently drove from Palm Beach to Miami on a Sunday, in season and had no traffic. I wouldn't be concerned.  Ft. Lauderdale to Miami would only take 40 minutes at most.  

My point was that we're sailing out of Pt Canaveral instead of Port Everglades or Miami because of the traffic in south Florida.

We lived in Miami up until 4 years ago and the congestion and traffic, along with thousands of tourists and snowbirds, is what made us decide to move.  If you had no traffic, you were lucky.