How is the nightclub experience when there is no nightclub?

Joebucks

One of my favorite night time activities is the night club. Sometimes the experience is hit or miss, but visiting it is going to happen most nights. I may take a cruise on the Sunrise in the near future, and understand that there is no more dedicated club. They state that you can go to either the atrium or lime light lounge. It was my understanding that while there is no dedicated club, there was supposed to be one of the rooms that becomes the club at night. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks for asking this.  I was thinking about this today as well, with my upcoming Panorama cruise. 

Nightclubbing on the ships is one of my favorite late-night activities and I hope the atmosphere continues with these new, non-dedicated dancing venues.

I had this experience on Vista. The limelight made a pretty good night club other than the fact that there is no bar. So they had a mobile bar with one bartender, limited offerings, and a long line. I used a server to avoid the line. And I drank bud light for the first time on a ship because all they had was domestic beers.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I had this experience on Vista. The limelight made a pretty good night club other than the fact that there is no bar. So they had a mobile bar with one bartender, limited offerings, and a long line. I used a server to avoid the line. And I drank bud light for the first time on a ship because all they had was domestic beers.

I can completely understand the justification for sharing a venue for multiple events. I cannot express how stupid that is that a lounge wouldn't have a bar.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I can completely understand the justification for sharing a venue for multiple events. I cannot express how stupid that is that a lounge wouldn't have a bar.

Agreed. I believe the vista class originally intended the main lounge to double as a night club. which is why they have the removable seating and bar in the main lounge.

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Agreed. I believe the vista class originally intended the main lounge to double as a night club. which is why they have the removable seating and bar in the main lounge.

When we were on Vista several years ago they used the Liquid Lounge as the night club and it was easy and quick to get a drink at the bar in the lounge.  When we were on Horizon last year they used the Limelight Lounge as the night club and trying to get a drink was not a pleasant experience. 

Personally I like the ships that have a dedicated nightclub. I understand Carnival trying to use space more efficiently, but the nightclubs on every cruise I have been on have always been very popular and crowded at night. Just one of many changes they made on Vista class ships that I am not crazy about. 

6 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

When we were on Vista several years ago they used the Liquid Lounge as the night club and it was easy and quick to get a drink at the bar in the lounge.  When we were on Horizon last year they used the Limelight Lounge as the night club and trying to get a drink was not a pleasant experience. 

Personally I like the ships that have a dedicated nightclub. I understand Carnival trying to use space more efficiently, but the nightclubs on every cruise I have been on have always been very popular and crowded at night. Just one of many changes they made on Vista class ships that I am not crazy about. 

Same here. I would be okay with it if they had the old comedy club with a bar and made that into a night club. But even then there are people who want to use the night club before late night comedy ends. Now on Vista the nights they had the late night comedy showcase in the main lounge they could open the night club earlier. I liked the late night comedy in the main lounge I wish they could do that every night.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2020 at 11:44 AM, Saint Greg said:

Now on Vista the nights they had the late night comedy showcase in the main lounge they could open the night club earlier. I liked the late night comedy in the main lounge I wish they could do that every night.

Now that seems like an overall win. If I could air my biggest Carnival complaint, it would be when the comedy clubs are too packed. It is one of my favorite activities on a ship. Nothing bums me out more than walking into a show and there is no more room or having to get there super early just to get a spot.

Edited by Joebucks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Joebucks said:

Now that seems like an overall win. If I could air my biggest Carnival complaint, it would be when the comedy clubs are too packed. It is one of my favorite activities on a ship. Nothing bums me out more than walking into a show and there is no more room or having to get there super early just to get a spot.

That is one good thing about Carnival’s older ships (i.e. not Vista class or “new” Sunshine class ships), you can usually find seats in the comedy lounge right up to when the show starts. You can also hang out at the same seat all night and watch every comedy show without having to move, unlike the newer, smaller comedy clubs that Carnival normally has everyone leave after every show. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

That is one good thing about Carnival’s older ships (i.e. not Vista class or “new” Sunshine class ships), you can usually find seats in the comedy lounge right up to when the show starts. You can also hang out at the same seat all night and watch every comedy show without having to move, unlike the newer, smaller comedy clubs that Carnival normally has everyone leave after every show. 

Agreed. While Fantasy class is probably my least favorite, it has the best comedy club experience. If they're going to not invest the space into the newer ships, it's time to figure out a move to the main lounge.

Edited by Joebucks