Seeking answers to questions regarding extras on Independence

Just a few questions:

1.  Can you purchase a drink package while on the ship?

2.  What is the average charge for an alcoholic beverage.. i.e. beer, Martini, etc.?  If anyone has a list of these, it would be appreciated.

3.  The All inclusive Dinner package they offer for $95.:  does it included all the restaurants and eating establishments on the ship?

4.  Can you still take a bottle of wine per person in your carryon?

5.  Since the re-fitting of this ship, do the showers have a door?

Any help would be appreciated.....

4 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Just a few questions:

1.  Can you purchase a drink package while on the ship?

2.  What is the average charge for an alcoholic beverage.. i.e. beer, Martini, etc.?  If anyone has a list of these, it would be appreciated.

3.  The All inclusive Dinner package they offer for $95.:  does it included all the restaurants and eating establishments on the ship?

5.  Since the re-fitting of this ship, do the showers have a door?

Any help would be appreciated.....

1. yes, more expensive

2. $12-$13 for mixed 8 for beer

3. pretty much

4 yes

5 unlikely

1) Yes. It's often more expensive than purchasing it before the cruise, but you can purchase on board. You will only pay for the days remaining in the cruise (i.e if you purchase on day 2 of a 7 day cruise, you will only pay for 6 days)

2) Beer around $6, basic cocktail or drink of the day around $9, specialty cocktails around $13. 18% gratuity automatically added.

3) It includes all of the specialty dining venues, but things like Chef's Table, Mystery Dinners, etc. are not included. The last time we had it Izumi Hibachi was not included, but I have heard that that has changed recently.

4) Two bottles of wine per room no matter the number of people in the room. 750ml, sealed bottles, in your carry on only.

5 I can't answer unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

1) Yes. It's often more expensive than purchasing it before the cruise, but you can purchase on board. You will only pay for the days remaining in the cruise (i.e if you purchase on day 2 of a 7 day cruise, you will only pay for 6 days)

2) Beer around $6, basic cocktail or drink of the day around $9, specialty cocktails around $13. 18% gratuity automatically added.

3) It includes all of the specialty dining venues, but things like Chef's Table, Mystery Dinners, etc. are not included. The last time we had it Izumi Hibachi was not included, but I have heard that that has changed recently.

4) Two bottles of wine per room no matter the number of people in the room. 750ml, sealed bottles, in your carry on only.

5 I can't answer unfortunately.

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, 2flacruisers said:

Two bottles of wine per stateroom, regardless of the number of people in the stateroom

Indy always had shower doors on all  staterooms below a Junior Suite.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Tube showers (the ones with “doors”, as your question phrased it) have been on every ship built in the 21st century. I think that the first to have them was Voyager, but I’m not 100% sure of that. 

On P&O some of their ships have soft plastic curtains around the shower.

47 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Tube showers (the ones with “doors”, as your question phrased it) have been on every ship built in the 21st century. I think that the first to have them was Voyager, but I’m not 100% sure of that. 

Voyager in 1999 was the first for Royal.  Radiance and Brilliance had shower curtains in 2001 and 2002, then Serenade and Jewel went to doors in 2003 and 2004.  So all RC ships that entered service after 2002 (plus Voyager and Explorer) had doors.

• Like 2