Boatyard beach day?

Boatingmom

They can all be checked out in less than 1/2 hour.  Just walk or taxi to the area and walk the beach and then make up your mind.  Some days Pirate's Cove is virtually empty.  Lobster Alive has fewer beds farther apart than Boatyard.  Harbor Lights is set up pretty much like the Boatyard and maybe as big.  Copacabana is also right there and I think there is one more beach bar to the North of Pirates Cove.  I drew myself a map listing all the beach bars on Carlisle and now I can't find it 😞  I always check the Boatyard first.

Edited by sft429
removed the quote

5 hours ago, Boatingmom said:

Considering a Boatyard Beach day but have not been there in years.  Is it now super crowded less enjoyable?  If so, any other beach day recommendations??  I think there is one other ship in port that day.

Rico's On The Beach........ Shabby Chic, great padded beds, good food, and no T'erds

Yes, all of these facilities are good.

(after all the main draw is the Carlisle Beach)

When there are only 2-3 ships in port, even Boatyard should be fine.

When there more pax,  clever marketting of Boatyard backfires for pax when it is oversold.

They charge fee upfront and then may not be able to deliver on services promised.

Others charge based on what you use (these other facilities actually turn out to be much more cost effective for larger group if different members wants to do different things)

Harbor Lights can take reservations which ensures availibility of chair/umbrella (and a spot on turtle snorkling trip if interested)

Amex/Citibank had to get involved to ding Boatyard for their unethical practice of charging money upfront and then not able to deliver what was sold. (and then refuse the refunds).

Edited by hal2008

On 1/18/2020 at 2:40 PM, hal2008 said:

Yes, all of these facilities are good.

(after all the main draw is the Carlisle Beach)

When there are only 2-3 ships in port, even Boatyard should be fine.

When there more pax,  clever marketting of Boatyard backfires for pax when it is oversold.

They charge fee upfront and then may not be able to deliver on services promised.

Others charge based on what you use (these other facilities actually turn out to be much more cost effective for larger group if different members wants to do different things)

Harbor Lights can take reservations which ensures availibility of chair/umbrella (and a spot on turtle snorkling trip if interested)

Amex/Citibank had to get involved to ding Boatyard for their unethical practice of charging money upfront and then not able to deliver what was sold. (and then refuse the refunds).

Every time I read this story I think the other side of it might be quite interesting.