Status match problems.

kaseyoz

I am Elite with Princess and Diamond with RCCL. I have booked our first cruise with MSC. Bellisima around Japan.

however, finding it very difficult to fill out the forms for status matching.

The date of birth Spools do not spin for me to enter my correct date of birth. They are static.

i put in the wrong date of birth to see if I can advance further, only to find I cannot put my residential country in(Australia) only has Canada, America and one other place I cannot recall. I tried typing Australia in but it says not found.

Are Australians not allowed to do this.

i have sent an email off but no response.

have any Australians had success doing this? Or am I doing something wrong.

thanks fir any help.

I had status match issues as well. I was able to fill out the forms but kept getting email notification that I wasn't supplying the correct information. I finally just called in. I must have called at a good time because I didn't wait longer than 5 minutes to speak with a representative who was able to help me. She gave me her direct email address...I was able to send her the proof of loyalty status and she took care of everything. I would just call.

Also, I needed to call in anyway because my passport name has a middle name and there is no field for a middle name in the status match forms. You need your passport name, booking name, and club name to all match so that your points will awarded properly. And that was something that had to be done with a representative.

I've read several negative things about calling in here on this forum but I had a fine experience.

Honestly? Don't even bother. I did it through the website. A few days later I got an email saying I had been matched and supplying me with my Voyager's Club number. 

And then I tried to enter that Voyager's Club number into my account and it didn't work. One field kept telling me to enter a valid number and the other told me that number was associated with an expired account.

When I reached out to customer service, they told me I had not been status matched yet. I sent them a screen shot of the email clearly stating that I had been and giving me a(n incorrect) Voyager's Club number. I've not heard back. 

So that went well. 

26 minutes ago, elbodans said:

Honestly? Don't even bother. I did it through the website. A few days later I got an email saying I had been matched and supplying me with my Voyager's Club number. 

And then I tried to enter that Voyager's Club number into my account and it didn't work. One field kept telling me to enter a valid number and the other told me that number was associated with an expired account.

When I reached out to customer service, they told me I had not been status matched yet. I sent them a screen shot of the email clearly stating that I had been and giving me a(n incorrect) Voyager's Club number. I've not heard back. 

So that went well. 

Give them a call rather than email, they should be able to link it all together correctly.

Edited by ziggyuk

We found them nothing but helpful done ours online was matched to gold from rci diamond plus which I was a little  disappointed with so sent them a nice email with a bit of bs added and was upgraded to Black/Diamond.

• Like 1

Make sure the name on your booking, your passport, and your profile all match. If you have a middle name on your passport, it must be on the other two as well (I put first and middle together in the space for first on my booking, but my profile only had my first and last name).

I ran into the same issue with getting a VC number that was called "expired" when I tried to enter it. I called and was told to create a new profile with my full name so they all matched, and that solved the problem. 

I called at least three times with an average wait of 40 minutes over the course of a month to get my status match squared away. I never did get an email or any other notification from MSC during the process or when it was issued. 

It's a nice perk but does require some persistence.