Diamond Member Looking for Alternatives with Teens

My family has been on 5 Freedom Class, 3 Oasis Class, 2 Voyager Class and a Quantum class. After all of those cruises, as much as we love Royal, we would like to try something else with our 15 and 18 year olds. I know this is a Royal forum, but I would be interested to hear from other Royal cruises, if they have recommendations for other cruise ships/lines given our family profile based on your experiences. Carnival and Disney are out. It would be helpful to hear specifically from Royal cruises (which is why I'm posting here).

Have you thought about maybe universal in Orlando? My teens loved it and have begged to go back every since.  It's got the Harry Potter areas and lots of rides that teens love. 

Sorry, I know it's not a cruise but that's the one place my teens ask to go back to. 

• Like 1

We're in a similar boat in terms of done all the ships over and over... same islands.

Love Royal but do want to mix things up.

Only difference is our kids are much younger. 

We did an All Inclusive to Cabo at the Hyatt Ziva resort and really enjoyed that, it was a  great trip and we wouldn't hesitate to go again.

We have been doing more city visits....  we took a trip to San Diego and had a blast visiting different places.   

These days so many cities have so much to explore, just pick a town, research activities for their age group and dive in.

I too have heard many great stories about Universal for your kids ages.

• Like 1

I've only done one NCL cruise (majority of the rest have been Royal) and whilst I felt the food was not as good on NCL (except the buffet which was better than Royal's) the service was great and on the Away ships there's so much for teens to do. The only problem with NCL is that I found there were more loud drunks than I've ever seen on Royal Caribbean, probably as nearly everyone on board had the drinks package, so if that's an issue for you with teens, maybe not, but I think NCL is probably the next best when it comes to activities for teens (except for Disney who have a great teen club apparantly).