Meeting Transfer in Civitavecchia

stevendom57

Hi all,

I am probably going to book a RomeCabs transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome. They say that they will pick me up at my ship and drive me into Rome. How do I handle my luggage? Do I have to do the self-assist, where I carry my own luggage off or do they actually pick me up just outside of customs and I can let NCL handle the luggage?

TIA

Steven

From what I read in a few other forums there is no customs control in Civitavecchia. You just walk off the ship and you are on the pier. Is that true?

If so, how far from the ship is the area where they put your luggage if you let NCL take the luggage off the night before?

TIA

Steven

I recently used RomeCabs.  I did carry off.  Walked off the ship, through a building where the luggage is and the RomeCabs driver was standing with a sign with our name.  His car was parked right there, loaded luggage and off to airport- in your case it would be to Rome.  We were in a suite so concierge walked us to the driver but could easily have done on our own.  This was on the Jade. 

It doesn’t matter what you do with your luggage. Except TIME.   If you have an early pick up then self assist.   It just walk off.    

It is a long walk into the terminal from the farthest gangway.  You walk through the terminal.   Private pick up is to the left.