Another cabin question.

kasowell2

I’ve already searched the cabin spreadsheet but wanted to ask too. I have 2155 booked for an Alaskan cruise on the Eclipse. It’s a sky suite center aft on deck 12. I was wondering if I should change the room for a corner aft sky suite for $900. We have the money but was wondering if anyone has possibly done both type rooms and might have an opinion. 

I suggest that you do a google search for photos of the different cabins.  Some of them on the Eclipse have a pole in the area of the bed.  If you don't get up in the night, it might not be a problem, but I am afraid of one of us running into the pole in the dark.  Have a great cruise!

Image result for cabin 2155 on celebrity eclipse photos

Personally, I'd go for the S1. Many folks are wigged out by the "pole" but we've not had any issues with running into the pole during night-time potty runs 😉 The corner balcony is awesome, especially for viewing in Alaksa, along with the extra side window. Also, 2155 is below the Oceanview Bar - could be a source of noise and smoke.

If possible, get one of the S1's with cabins above and below - we like deck 7 or 8.

(Disclaimer - our two sailings on the Eclipse were in a Royal suites, but we've done an S1 on the Equinox, another S-class ship.)

Edited by DogLover
fix typo

First, if it was anything but an Alaska cruise I would go for the aft corner.  In this case I would stay with the center aft.  An aft cabin on an Alaska cruise is prized, because you can view both side of the ship, but because you are in the center aft you could have more protection from the cold and wind.

Rollie

If you are traveling the inside passage stay with what you have and save your money.  It is like traveling down a highway be it in Nevada, Maine, Tamiami  trail and etc.  once you seen the first few miles  you seen the rest.   Honestly how  much time are you planning on being on your balcony?  

We did a B2B and it does get chilly and also very warm.   Take gloves and layers of clothing.  We spent very little time on the balcony.   The robes came in handy 

Also another to think about is almost daylight 18 hours or longer.  You may enjoy sleeping on the balcony and being at the center gives some protection from the wind and also the calmness of the wake.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I sailed Alaska (on another line) in September of 2018. I found having a balcony very useful as the public areas with windows were always super crowded with people watching the scenery go by. 

I imagine an aft balcony around the side would have been spectacular as far as views go - so much to see in terms of whales, wildlife, glaciers, etc. But I was perfectly content with my standard balcony mid-ship. 

I'm not sure about Celebrity, but the other line had a Naturalist onboard so I kept my TV tuned to her channel and announcements so I could see the action around other areas of the ship if I couldn't see it from my balcony. 

As for weather, every day we were in port except one was 65 degrees and sunny. Really spectacular weather for my cruise which I'm very thankful for. On excursions where we went up in altitude I brought lots of layers to add along the way as needed.