Package delivery to ship

jackyfromwyk

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience shipping/mailing a package to themselves on the ship.

We are looking to do some B2B2B cruises and looking to ship a few things to ourselves.

No "contraband" items - just reading materials and other personal items.

We are planning to cruise in/out of Fort Lauderdale on each turnaround rather than a point to point, so timing of the delivery is not as critical.

We are looking have the package delivered to the ship, so that we don't have to leave the port and go to a UPS/FEDEX location to pick it up.

This is the address / format we were planning on using:

Port Everglades

Princess Cruise Lines, Terminal 2

Ship's name - Sailing Date - Cabin Number - Passenger Name

1850 Eller Dr

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309

Any other thoughts, advice and suggestions are welcome.

Personally, I would call the port. I'm not sure that the cruise lines have a presence there when ships are not embarking/debarking. So, if the cruises embark/debark on Saturdays and the package arrives on a Tuesday; it would be up to the ports willingness to accept/hold a package for someone they don't know and isn't there.  That strikes me as a security issue.

• Like 1

Princess does not have an office at the pier, so that is not a legal address, and the Port Authority would likely refuse to accept the package.  I know that we cannot do this for regular cargo ships.  Packages to ships have to be addressed to the ship's agent (the shipping line's representative in the port), and that agency, depending on its contract with the cruise line will decide whether or not they wish to provide mail service for passengers.  This is how crew get their packages, and the cruise line pays for this service.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Princess does not have an office at the pier, so that is not a legal address, and the Port Authority would likely refuse to accept the package.  I know that we cannot do this for regular cargo ships.  Packages to ships have to be addressed to the ship's agent (the shipping line's representative in the port), and that agency, depending on its contract with the cruise line will decide whether or not they wish to provide mail service for passengers.  This is how crew get their packages, and the cruise line pays for this service.

Chengkp75, we will be on a 50 day B2B2B2B this fall, missing the election. I am considering having my kids send our absentee ballots to us. Would you have a suggestion as to how we could go about doing this?

Thank you all for the input. 

I will call the port and ask them if they have anything in place to get packages to the ship. 

Otherwise I will just have to bring extra books etc and deal with the added weight ( I know I can just download books, but I don't like reading them on a tablet).

8 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Chengkp75, we will be on a 50 day B2B2B2B this fall, missing the election. I am considering having my kids send our absentee ballots to us. Would you have a suggestion as to how we could go about doing this?

You might want to check on how early you can apply for absentee ballots (here in Maine it is 3 months), so you might get them before the trip.  Otherwise, contact the cruise line and see if they will send the agent's contact info, and whether the agent will deliver mail for a passenger.  Alternatively, you could set up a post box in a Mailboxes, Etc, at your turnaround port.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

You might want to check on how early you can apply for absentee ballots (here in Maine it is 3 months), so you might get them before the trip.  Otherwise, contact the cruise line and see if they will send the agent's contact info, and whether the agent will deliver mail for a passenger.  Alternatively, you could set up a post box in a Mailboxes, Etc, at your turnaround port.

Thank you. We have permanent absentee status, but our county does not mail the ballots until 29 days before the election, at which point we will be in the western Pacific. 

I will contact the cruise line for advice. Many thanks.

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

Thank you. We have permanent absentee status, but our county does not mail the ballots until 29 days before the election, at which point we will be in the western Pacific. 

I will contact the cruise line for advice. Many thanks.

Many cities have companies like Mailboxes etc and the UPS Store who will accept packages and mail for a fee.  Perhaps someone can take the absentee ballots and send them in the box with the books and such to one of these places near the port (I'd call ahead first) and you could pick them up.

If you have status with a hotel chain such as Hilton you might be able to get a nearby branded property to accept for a small fee.

• Thanks 1