Renting a Tux on Princess Ships

Netnurse31

Has anyone rented a tux on any of the Princess ships? I'm considering doing this for DH and DS but I'm concerned about fit. I understand that you send in the measurements and then everything is delivered to your cabin. What would happen if it didn't fit them?

They always have extras onboard to accomodate those that need to exchange, that is why it is important to try on your tux after boarding to make sure that you have the proper size. Renting sure beats having to pack all that and they include a shirt for each formal night.

Mike:)

Thanks so much for your quick reply! My son is 6'3" and thin as a rail. It's difficult to find anything that fits him properly without it being altered.

I think I will go this route. I agree, it's easier than packing all that stuff!

Has anyone rented a tux on any of the Princess ships? I'm considering doing this for DH and DS but I'm concerned about fit. I understand that you send in the measurements and then everything is delivered to your cabin. What would happen if it didn't fit them?

We do this and have never had a problem with fit, but they have extras on board if there's a problem. Just make sure your DH and DS try the tuxes on the day you board.

I really like renting the tux from the cruise line...it saves a lot of room in the luggage, and the tux and shirts are nicely pressed and waiting for you.

My husband started doing this several cruises ago and he feels it's a lot easier than packing a suit. On one cruise the tux wasn't fitted right and they took it, altered it, and had it back for him the next day. Deffinitely have your DH and DS try it on when you first board in case there is a problem.

Another hint, don't rely on your measurements. Go to a formalwear shop and they will be glad to measure your son and husband at no charge and write the sizes down for you. I was a little hesitant and even offered to tip the guy; but he said, "We are happy to do this as we all get a lot of out of town rentals with measurements from other shops"

Mike:)

We have rented tuxes from Princess twice. On the Alaske cruise, while mine (female version) was fine, my hubby's came with pants that have a 54" waist or thereabout. I had to beg safety pins from our stewart to pin up a dart in the rear. That would have worked just fine except that just before meeting the captain, he bent over to tie his shoe and all the pins let go. Got one of our favorite shots that night of us with the captain and me holding hubby's pants up.:D After that, I got some thread and made some temporary adjustment. The one in NZ fit pefectly, but he had to jump through hoops to get one his size (he's 6'5" and 225). If you are worried, check at your local stores. Many will rent out a tux for the trip. As long as you play nice with it (no dancing in champagne fountains), there shouldn't be a problem, except for having to pack it along. Hope that helps!

Happy sails,

Charlie

Long and lean here - and was concerned re fit of rented tux - so bought my own.

Bro-in-law, very averge height and weight, has rented several times, and has been satisfied, even though I told him it would be cheaper to buy his own rather than continue to rent. He doesn't want to be bothered with packing it and lugging it about.

Hubby doesn't want to bother bringing a tux along either. The first time the tux needed alterations and they were done immediately. The tailor came to the room, checked what repairs needed to be done and it was returned that evening.

Edna

Archived