Balcony Cabins on Sun Princess

Hi Rick. I put an answer on the Princess part of this forum, but I will answer it again because others might be interested.

The balconies on the Sun Princess are small - 1.1 metres wide. They are 'in-hull' so the opening is a cut-out in the hull. An advantage is that the balconies are very private and are separate from their next-door neighbour. The cut-out is larger for the cabins on Deck 10 (Baja) than on Deck 9 (Caribe). We have been in a cabin on deck 9 and found it quite OK.

You didn't ask about mini-suites, but it has been observed that the mini-suites on the Sun Princess (and her sisters) are the largest in the fleet.

Most Princess balconies are small. I think the Sun ones are actually bigger than on the newer Royal class ships. And, as Aus Traveller has said, there are some exceptions. I really liked the slightly enclosed balcony on Sun, it was great for cooler days and very sheltered. You still got good views of the ocean, and the little ledges either side of the cutout were very useful as mini side-tables.

• 2 years later...