Sydney Princess cruise terminal, hotel thoughts, and tours

nini

We will be embarking and debarking in Sydney in March/ April

2021. Does anyone know where Princess ships are and any hotel

recommendations? We hope to be in Sydney at least 3-4 days

pre-cruise and want to do some exploring. Wine country is also

on my mind. Thank you for you thoughts. 😁

All Princess ships, except Sea Princess and Sun Princess, always dock at Circular Quay. This is pretty much in the city itself, next to the Harbour Bridge. At the same place as all the harbour ferries and a major train station.

A view of Circular Quay.

Look for a hotel either in Circular Quay or The Rocks (a historic area next to Circular Quay).

Closest wine areas to Sydney are either the Hunter Valley, or if you are broad minded about your wine, Mudgee. Both are about 120-150 miles from Sydney.

We opted to stay a little further away from Circular Quay due to the cost. We did not find that to be an issue since the public transportation system was so convenient. We picked up an Opal card at the airport.

The new Sydney trams (light rail) makes it very easy to get to Circular Quay from anywhere in the CBD. It runs along George St. The stops from Central Station to Circular Quay are:

Haymarket - I think this is the main stop for Central Station but there is one more, Central Chalmers St, which is on the eastern side of the station and a little bit south. 

Chinatown - just north of Hay Street, near Campbell St

Town Hall - outside the Sydney Town Hall.

QBV - this is the nearest stop to the main shopping area.

Wynyard - links to Wynyard Station and the walkway through to Barangaroo

Bridge St - there are some popular hotels near this one.

Circular Quay - and it's a very short walk to the cruise terminal from here.

We're staying next month at Holiday Inn Darling Harbor.  Looks very easy to get around and cost is reasonable.  The Darling Harbor area has many hotels.  Lots of Chinese restaurants nearby. 

Several years ago when we visited Sydney we booked a winery tour to Hunters Valley and really enjoyed.  Many vendors offer them. You can visit the tourist center at Circular Quay to book.  Prices were reasonable.  You would join a group. All day tour considering the distance.  We also did a tour to Blue Mountains.  All day and enjoyed it; good value though it poured all day and was foggy.  I can say I have been to the Blue Mountains but I have not seen the Blue Mountains!  I hoped to rectify that next month if everything hasn't burned down.