Spectrum and Splendor

Alista

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

The last bit isn't quite right. They are managing the free sailings including assigning who goes where. However, they are running the selection of who gets on via a competition where you have to provide id, and they will then select the best answers to the competition as those who get the sailing. The government was involved by advising which agencies would be eligible to enter.

That’s what I was told.

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Yes, that's my view too.

I agree

the bloke at next cruise said it’s a fluid situation,nothing is rock solid.

He said the problem with spectrum is it’s not geared for the Australian market.

Not enough drinking holes is one problem.He said it may seem like a trivial thing but it is.

But let’s see.

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Not enough drinking holes is one problem.

C'mon, they can do better than that - a few kegs on the pool-deck, a few more of those mobile drink wagons & a daily barbie or two will Australianise it. Add a dartboard & I'm in 🙂

On the subject of tax deductions.

A friend of mine who is financially as cunning as a rat makes drive shafts for cars.

When work is quite he makes drive shafts and donates them to the local trades college 

(TAFE) for apprentice mechanics to work on.

He gives the TAFE a ridiculous bill which they don’t pay.

Tax time that ridiculous bill becomes a tax deduction.

So I’m thinking somehow this will be similar.

6 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

On the subject of tax deductions.

A friend of mine who is financially as cunning as a rat makes drive shafts for cars.

When work is quite he makes drive shafts and donates them to the local trades college 

(TAFE) for apprentice mechanics to work on.

He gives the TAFE a ridiculous bill which they don’t pay.

Tax time that ridiculous bill becomes a tax deduction.

So I’m thinking somehow this will be similar.

So what!.......the way I see it  it’s ......winner winner..and if Royal can do a good deed and at the same time not lose financially .....good for them.👍👍👍

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I agree

Not enough drinking holes is one problem.He said it may seem like a trivial thing but it is.

But let’s see.

I can confirm the lack of drinking holes, we were lucky as it was an Asian cruise (with 3500 + Chinese pax) so didn't have too many issues getting drinks but it would be totally different with 4000 Aussies and Kiwis on board.

3 hours ago, mr walker said:

Someone claiming to have some contact with the emergency services, wrote somewhere, bookoffaces I guess, that the requirement to write a few lines as an entry was necessary to meet legal requirements, as to do so as essentially a lottery requires specific approval or similar, and also pointed out that there would be little chance between today & Sat for people to review the thousands & thousands of entries to choose on literary or performance merit, and then get ready for the cruise after being chosen.

Good luck to all - I hope they have a jolly good time.

The legality side is true - but what if they get say 4000 applications for the first cruise? I'd expect them to use their selection criteria instead of just pulling random names (which would also be technically illegal). 

If you're applying, I'd suggest it's better to put something reasonable down for that question.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

I agree

But let’s see.

Good point. It was built for the Asian market where bars are mostly deserted, so not a priority.

I note this prize actually gives free alcohol at the dining room, during dining, which may help. RCL ships get crowded enough at the bars as it is in local waters.

32 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Good point. It was built for the Asian market where bars are mostly deserted, so not a priority.

I note this prize actually gives free alcohol at the dining room, during dining, which may help. RCL ships get crowded enough at the bars as it is in local waters.

I think it will be likely to be the house wines (cheapest) and local beers on offer for dining drinks.

5 hours ago, gbenjo said:

So what!.......the way I see it  it’s ......winner winner..and if Royal can do a good deed and at the same time not lose financially .....good for them.👍👍👍

Graham on Rods behalf.

do you have shares in Royal Carribean 

• Haha 1