Seattle post-cruise flight

JinxyB

Looking at booking NCL Joy RT Seattle.  The ship is supposed to arrive 0600 on Saturday, August 15.  If I do self-assist luggage and am lined up at 0600 to depart the ship, is it at all feasible to make a 1015 flight?  Flights are limited to the east coast, and I prefer nonstop.  Thanks for any help!

Thanks for the replies so far...I don’t have pre check/Clear or anything like that.  I would have 2 bags to check.  I realize that I would not be departing the ship at 6:05...I’d be lined up and ready to go around 5:30-5:45 so I could be in first group of departing guests.  Will continue to research....

2 hours ago, JinxyB said:

Thanks for the replies so far...I don’t have pre check/Clear or anything like that.  I would have 2 bags to check.  I realize that I would not be departing the ship at 6:05...I’d be lined up and ready to go around 5:30-5:45 so I could be in first group of departing guests.  Will continue to research....

The big issue at Seatac is the length of security lines, so without precheck (or flying first class, which has shorter lines) the big risk of that early a departure is getting hung up in security.

You have plenty of time to enroll for Precheck or Global Entry; if you don't want to do that, I'd be quite concerned at making a 10:15 AM departure on a Saturday.  It would take too many things working in concert with no room for errors.

6 hours ago, Gardyloo said:

The big issue at Seatac is the length of security lines, so without precheck (or flying first class, which has shorter lines) the big risk of that early a departure is getting hung up in security.

You have plenty of time to enroll for Precheck or Global Entry; if you don't want to do that, I'd be quite concerned at making a 10:15 AM departure on a Saturday.  It would take too many things working in concert with no room for errors.

Just signed up for pre-check.  Don’t know why I’ve waited so long to do so.  The best thing is I can take my child (under 12) through the precheck line, too!

JinxyB;  Seattle has a easy check program for your bags.  It is sponsored by the port of Seattle.  You should be able to get info once onboard your cruise.  I used it when we sailed RT on Princess.  Also just FYI; if you choose to stay at the Marriott waterfront; you can walk across the street to board your ship.  The hotel is directly across from the terminal. 

https://www.portseattle.org/maritime/cruise

Note that the "port valet" luggage program (bags taken from your cabin straight to the airline so no wrangling on disembarkation day) only works with flights departing after a certain time, e.g. noon for Royal Caribbean.  I would probably contact NCL to see if they have a similar requirement.  (Apparently the individual cruise lines have different cut-off times.)  I'd be concerned that with such an early departure you might have your luggage delayed, or, more likely, the cruise line wouldn't take them in the first place.

• Like 1