Ketchikan tour dilema

embers777

I'm going on my first cruise in July to Alaska on Pacific Princess.   I've spent so much time looking at excursions in Ketchikan and still undecided and so I'm tossing up doing 2.    The first a Misty Fjord flight tour and the second a photography tour.    There's a 2 hour gap between the two. 

Is it crazy to consider doing 2?   The ship is there from 6:30am-3pm.    First one goes 7am-9am, second 11am-1:30pm   
Thanks in advance!  

8 hours ago, embers777 said:

I'm going on my first cruise in July to Alaska on Pacific Princess.   I've spent so much time looking at excursions in Ketchikan and still undecided and so I'm tossing up doing 2.    The first a Misty Fjord flight tour and the second a photography tour.    There's a 2 hour gap between the two. 

Is it crazy to consider doing 2?   The ship is there from 6:30am-3pm.    First one goes 7am-9am, second 11am-1:30pm   
Thanks in advance!  

I agree with the others.  You can always cancel one if you later decide it will be too much, but better to not miss the chance.  I have two excursions booked for Skagway,  so it's not all that strange to book two things at once.

40 minutes ago, Kevin's girl said:

Go ahead and book both. It will be a busy day but why miss out? Our max was 3 in one day. We were on our Tahiti cruise and will likely never make it back there. Get in the best experience you can.

What did you end up doing in Tahiti?  The most I could do was two (two dives) and I was whupped afterwards!

Thanks everyone.  I'll book both and decide later if it's too much and then choose.

@KristyMisty14   The tour is through princess but I also found their website (which directed me back to princess to book)  https://ketchikanphotosafari.com/

@rkacruiser  Thanks, I booked the flight ages ago and it's the one that will win over the photography tour if I have to pick one! 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spikesgirl said:

What did you end up doing in Tahiti?  The most I could do was two (two dives) and I was whupped afterwards!

We started out early in the morning on Raiatea doing a 4x4 island tour with a trip to a vanilla plantation, followed by a sail on a 44 ft sailboat named Agaleion (an Admiral's Cup winner in 1973). My husband was lucky enough to take the helm and was instructed to sail towards Bora Bora. It was wonderful. If memory serves we had about 45 minutes between the sail and the Luau. We were taken to a small atoll by boat and given a wonderful dinner and dance show by local kids.

I did a review on the cruise. No pics but here is the link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=21058

Sorry to the OP for the slight hijack.

6 hours ago, Kevin's girl said:

We started out early in the morning on Raiatea doing a 4x4 island tour with a trip to a vanilla plantation, followed by a sail on a 44 ft sailboat named Agaleion (an Admiral's Cup winner in 1973). My husband was lucky enough to take the helm and was instructed to sail towards Bora Bora. It was wonderful. If memory serves we had about 45 minutes between the sail and the Luau. We were taken to a small atoll by boat and given a wonderful dinner and dance show by local kids.

I did a review on the cruise. No pics but here is the link:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=21058

Sorry to the OP for the slight hijack.

Thanks!  I can see now how you managed!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, embers777 said:

Thanks, I booked the flight ages ago and it's the one that will win over the photography tour if I have to pick one! 

Did you book your flight independently or through the cruise line?  

Ketchican is the only day I haven't planned.  I think DH would like to do a flight while we are there in June.