Booking dinners and shows in advance

Monica887

I usually like to wing it when it comes to meals on vacation, but I'll be on the Encore in this summer and also really want to see the shows.  How do I find out when the shows are, so I can plan around them? And do I book shows in advance, or only once on board?

48 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

You might want to read some Encore reviews.  Yes, the itinerary will be different, but the onboard schedule will be similar.

Reading what others have been doing on THAT ship should help you make decisions when your 120 day opening comes around.

Thanks - I've been following carefully 🙂 which is what made me think I needed to do a little more planning for this one. Even on the smaller ships when we didn't need show reservations I found we would have to skip dessert to make it to a show on time.

24 minutes ago, Monica887 said:

Thanks - I've been following carefully 🙂 which is what made me think I needed to do a little more planning for this one. Even on the smaller ships when we didn't need show reservations I found we would have to skip dessert to make it to a show on time.

At 120 days, you can book Choir of Man and Kinky Boots. Along with dining reservations. 

When you embark, you can book your comedy shows, prohibition the musical (extra charge), go karts, laser tag, escape room sessions at The Social (Deck 6 midship) then go across the hall to Teppanyaki to fix your dining reservations for the shows you just booked onboard. 

Example Show List

7CFA5DAC-F548-4A0B-8FB8-858F9CC51462.jpeg

4309AE51-38CF-4E94-93BF-0DFABE3741A8.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

A cruise is not the time to decide to "wing it" for dining.       If you're set on Specialty dining.    

There is very little winging it with Specialty Dining.    Now I don't think there is any need to book 120 days out.   In fact, only a tiny number of reservations are made pre-cruise.     The reservation system will show no available reservations.      But if you go make a reservation as soon as you board the ship on embarkation day, you will have your choice of dining times and options.    

After that first day though, all dining reservations will be scooped up.    Don't wing it if you care about dining.