good Ft Lauderdale Hotel

gigivic

FTL is a GREAT port to sail from. Airport, piers and some of the hotels are within 10 minutes of each other.

If you like a view of the piers and will get there in time to watch any ships going out, look at Hyatt Pier 66. They have a bar on top of their tower that rotates. And the hotel is used by ship companies to put up fellow passengers. Wander around and say hello. Ask what ship and maybe you can say hello in some port along the way. Rooms in tower and in 1-3 floors around tha campus. Pool if it is warm enough. I've stayed there 2 times.

Try searching the forums for more. Plenty of others have comments.

Mariott Harbot Beach is a MUST. It is pricy, but it has a great pool, beach and restaurant's. The rooms are also GREAT and you are a few hundred yeard's from the Inlet. You can sit and watch ALL the cruise ships leave at night.

I agree with the other posters. Marriotts Harbor Beach Resort is the best. We stay there every year before our cruise and are never disappointed. The pool area and the beach are fantastic. It is pricey however. Try to use Marriott Points if you can.

On the other side of the spectrum, I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. It is a basic hotel recently upgraded with some ammenities, but still a basic hotel.

It is close to a Publix and Winn Dixie as well as two liquor stores. There are several dining establishments within walking distance or that do delivery including a Chinese restaurant that had some of the best Faux Asian food we had had in a while.

Not at all. However for us a beach was not important as this was just a pre-cruise hotel and our ports had plenty of beach. KWIM? When we booked it, we were flying from the West Coast so our arrival at the hotel was not until after 6:30 at night with a 10:30 departure for the port.

We, too, will be traveling to FLL for our Enchantment cruise in December, and I'm all ears. We'd like a decent hotel near the beach/water and not too far from the port.

We did the Hyatt, as mentioned above, for our Enchantment cruise last year. We got it $95 on Priceline last year (do your research to see if it still being won). It has incredible pools and overlooks (in the tower rooms) the cruise ships when they are docked. Has a stop on the water taxi route and is not far (but not on) the beach. You can take a water taxi or the hotel shuttle to the beach. Several restaraunts right on the property. 5 mins from the ship terminals and not even 10 mins or so from the airport.

I have stayed at the Harbour Beach, Pier 66, Lago Mar and the Riverside.

I like them all. Each has its good point and bad.

For a beach place, I like the Lago Mar the best. Friendly staff and I believe the owners are always there. We had a problem on one of our visits and the Owner came to the room to help us out. It is not as nice as the Harbour Beach, but less expensive.

For a shopping place I like the Riverside. Rooms are small but location is great.

We have also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It's not too expensive, I believe we got a continental breakfast, and they will pick you up at the airport for free. We love to eat at Pusser's restaurant which has outdoor dining right across from the beach. It's located at the bottom of the Doubletree Hotel right on A1A. You could take a cab to it from the Holiday Inn Express. http://www.pussers.com/outposts/ftlauderdale

How long ago did you get the Embassy on hot wire? Would love to stay there again. Thanks

It has been over a year since we booked through Hotwire. I don't think Embassy Suites is currently listed. It is a shame! What a great hotel. When are you going? Priceline is also a good option, but be sure to bid on the higher end listings. Good luck.

Marriott Harbor beach will cost you about $400 per night. Use Priceline. Bid 3* downtown. You will get either the Marriott Marina or Renaissance. Both very nice, on 17th Street near shopping and Port. Ask for Port view at Marriott and you see cruise ships. Should be able to get one of these for $75 off season and $100 on season. Go to biddingfortravel.com to get an idea of winning bids for your dates.

We loved the Yankee Clipper. We paid a little more for an ocean view' date=' but how cool it was to be looking down on the ocean and palm trees all night. We were right on the beach.[/quote']

We are staying at the Sheraton Yankee Trader for 2 nights pre cruise in March...not stayed there before but it was reasonably priced and we are Sheraton members.

Good luck with your search!

Archived