Has anyone been able to bid for upgrade a SECOND time recently?

LMaxwell

Submitted a bid to go from an OV to a Balcony about 6 weeks and guess it was not accepted as we received our cruise docs and still have original room.  

With current cancellations we can see there is still space in higher categories on our sailing.  Has anyone been offered a second opportunity to bid lately, in the past 2-4 weeks, or contacted Celebrity about being solicited for another bid?  I am still willing to pay a nominal fee for an upgrade but perfectly content to also spend nothing additional and keep original booked cabin.  

3 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Submitted a bid to go from an OV to a Balcony about 6 weeks and guess it was not accepted as we received our cruise docs and still have original room.  

With current cancellations we can see there is still space in higher categories on our sailing.  Has anyone been offered a second opportunity to bid lately, in the past 2-4 weeks, or contacted Celebrity about being solicited for another bid?  I am still willing to pay a nominal fee for an upgrade but perfectly content to also spend nothing additional and keep original booked cabin.  

Have you visited the MoveUp site? Possibly since still weeks your bid is still active. You can enter or change your bid until a few days before you cruise. If not cancelled it stays open.

Wouldn't hurt to ask your TA to call and see if they have anything available for upgrading (price difference, not bidding). If you don't ask, you don't know!

Also... in this current market, I'd check at Guest Services to see if an upgrade once onboard was possible. They used to do that, maybe they will now. Again, doesn't hurt to ask!

43 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Have you visited the MoveUp site? Possibly since still weeks your bid is still active. You can enter or change your bid until a few days before you cruise. If not cancelled it stays open.

Thank you, I wasn't aware.  Just logged in and see my bid is active.  Threw Celeb another $5 for a cup of coffee 🙂 🙂 

42 minutes ago, Stx3me said:

I can’t get the move up website to work and have sent FIVE emails to report the problem and they have yet to respond. Am I missing something here?

Are you within 30 days of sailing?  My 3/29 Edge Cruise wouldn't let me bid until within 30 days of sailing.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

Edited by PTC DAWG

52 minutes ago, Stx3me said:

I can’t get the move up website to work and have sent FIVE emails to report the problem and they have yet to respond. Am I missing something here?

I tried Move Up, too and it didn’t work. No answer from Celebrity either. Looks like you need an invitation (e-mail). Then I called Celebrity and was able to upgrade for a small amount considering the perks (same I wanted to bid). Now we’ll cruise suite class for the first time 😁
Maybe you should just try and call them

We just received our second offer to submit a move up bid.  We are happy with our original cabin selection and price paid so we haven't bid for any upgraded rooms.

On Jan 22, I posted the following details to the Move Up Bid Tracker thread for our April 3rd Reflection Cruise.  These are still the "recommended" bids from Celebrity according to the email I just received. In other words, they haven't discounted these upgrade offers...yet. 

General Comments (offer details, etc.)

Reflection Suite: $1500 pp

Penthouse Suite: $1100 pp

Royal Suite: $700 pp

Signature Suite: $600 pp

Celebrity Suite: $500 pp 

Not all TAs participate in the Move Up program.  So if you are booked with a TA and don't see the Upgrade link under Manage Reservation or by going to the Move Up link on the Celebrity site and entering your booking #, etc  then your  TA may not participate.

• Thanks 1

Should be noted that the cruise documents being issued has nothing to do with your upgrade bid.    They will however be updated if you win a bid.

I've received a couple upgrades and for me was not notified until about 8-10 days prior to the cruise.    If you loose the bid you are notified exactly at 48 hours pre-cruise.   Up until final rejections you can go in and modify you bid using the link from your original bid to modify it.  

35 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Are you within 30 days of sailing?  My 3/29 Edge Cruise wouldn't let me bid until within 30 days of sailing.  

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

That is what they say but I tried using the link and was able to put in bids at 50 days.   May be different on different ships. 

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

That is what they say but I tried using the link and was able to put in bids at 50 days.   May be different on different ships. 

I believe it is different on different sailings, it specifically told me I needed to be within 30 days of sailing after I input my info..

7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I believe it is different on different sailings, it specifically told me I needed to be within 30 days of sailing after I input my info..

Interesting to hear.  I usually just start trying at 60 days. 

It really doesn't matter when you put the bid in as I believe they  hold all of them until decision day unless there is huge availability.   My bid has not been accepted or rejected yet and the cruise is 10 days away.     I don't expect anything as all the classes I bid on are sold out.