Any thoughts on possible itinerary change Arcadia cruise 26 April

PrincessPete

Hello, apologies if this has been covered in the various coronavirus threats.

The Arcadia 26 April cruise goes to three mainland Italian ports, Genoa, Civitavecchia and Salerno.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on alternative ports if the current situation worsened in Italy before then, albeit the cruise went ahead.

Salerno of course is a lot further south than the main affected area but there was a problem with a Costa cruise ship at Civitavecchia recently and Genoa is relatively close to Milan.

Just wondering at this stage as, like others I guess, we are not 100% certain that we still wish to cruise in the current circumstances, particularly if Genoa and Civitavecchia were removed from the itinerary. (I  fully appreciate that P&O can alter the ports if necessary without us being able to cancel with a refund).

Any thoughts would be much appreciated and, as above, apologies if this is a repeat.

Kind regards. Peter 

I suspect that the only ports which will be cancelled are those situated in areas to which the FCO has advised against travel. None of the ports you have listed at present fall into this category at present.

It's impossible to predict what will happen, of course, but given the news from Italy today it's possible that P&O will take the decision to avoid Italy altogether.  I doubt they'd communicate any such decision until the last possible minute though.

If they cancel, you'll obviously get a refund, and it's worth bearing in mind that significant changes in the ports visited would trigger partial refunds under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. P&O won't tell you that, and you might need to fight them to get them to pay up.

Saw a news report from Rome the other day.  I appreciate its not a busy time of year, but the place looked deserted.

Rather selfishly it came to mind that if we do get there in May, and it remains the same, there shouldn't be any long queues 😳

We're due to go to Naples, 9 weeks to go and CP is only showing two tours, neither of which go to either Pompeii or Hercualneum.  Might be a clue........

49 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Saw a news report from Rome the other day.  I appreciate its not a busy time of year, but the place looked deserted.

Rather selfishly it came to mind that if we do get there in May, and it remains the same, there shouldn't be any long queues 😳

We're due to go to Naples, 9 weeks to go and CP is only showing two tours, neither of which go to either Pompeii or Hercualneum.  Might be a clue........

Oh good thinking. My husband would like to see St.Peters again but the pope is giving an audience the day we are there. If that was cancelled and less people I would get the train in.