What is a "VIP shore excursion check-in"?

Baandb

Today we received a brochure from Oceania that highlighted the Oceania Club benefits.

For silver members, it highlights "VIP shore excursion check-in" as being a benefit.

A Google search brings up the following page which also mentions this benefit....

https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/articles.cfm?ID=2483

However I can't find out what this actually means....

Does it mean that silver members and above have a seperate check-in desk in the lounge - hence a shorter queue for a tour ticket?  (If so, this doesn't seem much of a benefit when the queues are often very short or non-existent)

Or does it mean silver + up members are given preferential access to the tour buses that leave earlier?  (reducing wait time)

Thoughts?

Currently on Sirena. The VIP checkin is a separate line as you enter the lounge. The only benefit is you can turn in your tour ticket for your group number ticket and have a seat before others in the general line. Once your group number is called, everyone leaves together. While we qualify for the VIP checkin, we never used it. As I was hard pressed to see the benefit. I’m sure there will be others that see this differently. 

• Like 1

The Priority Terminal Check in for Platinum & up is useful. We had it on our last cruise and no matter what time your check in is you can show up at any time and not have to wait to check in and board. 

Procedure is exactly as described by Alasca above.  Was on Riviera last month and used the VIP line (legitimately) because the regular line was about 20 people long.  All I got was glares from those standing in line.  Rather embarrassing.  They assumed I was just pushing ahead.  Have noticed that many passengers on O consider themselves to be VIP's, regardless of true status with the line.  Legends in their own minds!

1 hour ago, china addict said:

Procedure is exactly as described by Alasca above.  Was on Riviera last month and used the VIP line (legitimately) because the regular line was about 20 people long.  All I got was glares from those standing in line.  Rather embarrassing.  They assumed I was just pushing ahead.  Have noticed that many passengers on O consider themselves to be VIP's, regardless of true status with the line.  Legends in their own minds!

How do you know what they were thinking??