Why is NCL so generous with their new 48hr cancelation policy?

fstuff1

On 3/8/2020 at 5:36 PM, logocop said:

Does anyone have any information on whether we can cancel, get the FCC, and then use it to rebook the cruise we just cancelled -- at the current lower rate with all the promos? I know it's a "future" cruise credit but I haven't been able to find any terms and conditions. Thanks.

I was/am thinking of doing the same thing but I think (so far anyway) they saw us coming because the price of my June Baltic's cruise has just about doubled overnight.  I can see from my roll call that people are cancelling right and left so I doubt it's a lack of empty cabins.  I may cancel closer to the sail date and take the FCC.  However, I suspected increased prices on next year's cruises to make up for all the FCC they are handing out.  So a few days ago I hedged my bets by booking something for 2021 at normal prices plus all the current perks.  

On 3/7/2020 at 6:35 AM, coolhandjiohnson said:

My guess is to wait it out  and see if the cruise line will be forced to offer real time refunds in cash to people who want to opt to cancel.  I do not want all of my money sitting on a future cruise credit, in my case about 3k.  

If I were on a ship and I purchased a future cruise credit it would only cost about $100 per person and final payments would be at my discretion.  I like to be in control of my own destiny.

Remember this, If the cruise lines cancels the cruise you should get all your money back in cash.  If you (the traveler) cancels the cruise you will lose money.  This Future Cruise Credit is BS.  They could have offered it earlier.  They want to stay in control of YOUR MONEY.  They act like they are doing you a favor (or are they?)

NOW THAT  THE GOVERNMENT IS INQUIRING AND GETTING INVOLVED AND NOW THAT THE CORONA VIRUS CONTINUES T0 ESCALATE WE MAY SEE SOME ACTION.  I SUGGEST WAITING IT OUT....what do you think?

I agree..maybe if enough people cancel and take the credit they will cancel the sail and then they have to give us cash refund right? We can wait it out til 48 hrs before right?

On 3/7/2020 at 9:23 AM, Laszlo said:

Generous? Hardly......if they were really generous they would be giving you the money back. Instead its good for a future cruise

AND if we avail ourselves of the "generous" 48 hour cancellation offer, we are still stuck with plane tickets that we can't get refunds for.  

Edited by MamaStang

On 3/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, Travelling2Some said:

I can see from my roll call that people are cancelling right and left so I doubt it's a lack of empty cabins.

Same with my upcoming cruise. Except for two categories within Haven, there isn't a sold out cabin category on this mega-ship. Just go to do a mock booking for balcony deck 8, and you'll see availability straight up the hall....8212, 8214, 8216, 8220.

Then , change it to midship and you'll see 8300, 8302, 8304, 8308. They're all vacant, people are jumping ship, yet prices keep increasing.