Wording on the Letter Sent

ksmcdonald

Question on the wording concerning "non-refundable cancellation fee"

On the letter sent to me, one portion states:

For guest who booked prior to March 6, 2020, if you decide to change vacation plans, we will allow those booked on sailings between now and May 31 to move their booking to a new date and receive a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) in the amount of the non-refundable cancellation fee.

Where do I find out what my credit would be?  the non-refundable cancellation fee?  I assumed since I cruise in two weeks and I am past final payment, my whole cruise would be non-refundable, correct?  Are they saying we can move the date and get FCC?  Or basically, just re-book your cruise for a new date and pay the difference if the new cruise cost more.

Has anyone cancelled and rebooked.  We have two cabins for an April cruise, and if I rebook in July or August, the price of the cabins are cheaper than what we paid for April.  Do we get the savings back in OBC.  I total cost for the two cabins were $3100+ with port tax in that total.  If we rebook, it would be $2500+ - where does the $600 go ?

thank for your response.  Another questions.  My husband and I paid for the two cabins, but taking the family.  Us in one cabin and them in another.  Do we have to rebook with the same passengers ?.  Can we take the FCC and book a cruise just for my husband and I and leave everyone else at home ?

2 hours ago, TakeMeAway1001 said:

You wouldn't get the fees as part of the FCC, they go back to your original form of payment. If the cruise you're booking is less (cruise fare) than what you paid/have in FCC the difference will be put on as OBC up to $500 per cabin I believe. 

You are correct as per the letter but anything over that $500 would be lost

3 hours ago, roxievegas said:

thank for your response.  Another questions.  My husband and I paid for the two cabins, but taking the family.  Us in one cabin and them in another.  Do we have to rebook with the same passengers ?.  Can we take the FCC and book a cruise just for my husband and I and leave everyone else at home ?

The FCC will go proportionally to all four passengers.  If one of them doesn't rebook that FCC will be lost.  This is what my pvp explained to me.