VOOM internet??s

Preparing for the worst case scenario, being quarantine on the liberty of the seas which we are embarking on Sunday, 03/15/20,Can the single device voom Internet package be transferred from a Smart phone to a computer laptop later on? If we are indeed quarantine, my husband wants to stay connected via his laptop to continue working during quarantine.

thanks

WiFi package is not assigned to any particular device.

You can use it on 100 devices, just not at the same time.

When I work on cruises I use it on laptop, phone, tablets etc.

If you husband has any applications on laptop that need 2-step authentication make sure not only his phone set up to receive codes, but also email or phone on laptop. If it is critical get 2 device package to have peace of mind.

I am planning to bring laptop to my upcoming cruise on Grandeur even though it is my real vacation, but just in case of some emergency extended stay. Although what we learned if quarantined it will probably be on land.

Edited by Tatka

Can you use a VPN on a Cruise Ship's Internet service?  I work remotely but it requires a VPN to connect to my company's network.  If it is not allowed then I couldn't "work" during a quarantine on the ship.  I will need to keep that in mind as a possibility.

1 minute ago, McFU said:

Can you use a VPN on a Cruise Ship's Internet service?  I work remotely but it requires a VPN to connect to my company's network.  If it is not allowed then I couldn't "work" during a quarantine on the ship.  I will need to keep that in mind as a possibility.

I use last 2 years. It does slow connections down and especially felt on older ships.

(Better on Quantum and Oasis classes)

The single device Internet package is discounted 20% prior to cruise, not sure if I should purchase it now and hope for no quarantine or hope for free Wi-Fi if indeed Quarantine, what would you do?

17 minutes ago, McFU said:

depends on the VPN.. Royal has blocked some.