****CARNIVAL CORONA VIRUS THREAD -- #2 ***

Host Carolyn

13 hours ago, 1019throw said:

Huh? Is that right? We are supposed to cruise in April, so we would just get a $200 OBC if we went.  Based on what you said, if we move it to a new date, we would get to pick a new date and $500 OBC(our cancellation amount)??

If you cancel you will receive a Future Cruise Credit in the amount of your penalty.  Not OBC.

See post 24 by mom of 3.

2 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

If you cancel you will receive a Future Cruise Credit in the amount of your penalty.  Not OBC.

See post 24 by mom of 3.

Thanks, still slightly confused. We paid 1200. My penalty is 500. Would I receive a FCC of 500 and then get my 700 back?

9 minutes ago, 1019throw said:

Thanks, still slightly confused. We paid 1200. My penalty is 500. Would I receive a FCC of 500 and then get my 700 back?

It is my understanding that:

You would get your refundable amount refunded to the original method of payment.

You would get the FCC in the amount of the penalty.  It has to be used by the same person on a new booking.  It cannot be used on an existing booking.

4 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

It is my understanding that:

You would get your refundable amount refunded to the original method of payment.

You would get the FCC in the amount of the penalty.  It has to be used by the same person on a new booking.  It cannot be used on an existing booking.

Thanks, I appreciate your response!  We are likely going to push our cruise to November. Based on John Healds message yesterday, I think we may see some changes for cruises after 3/16. I'm going to wait until next week and see what happens. 

6 minutes ago, 1019throw said:

Thanks, I appreciate your response!  We are likely going to push our cruise to November. Based on John Healds message yesterday, I think we may see some changes for cruises after 3/16. I'm going to wait until next week and see what happens. 

I too am waiting for the that announcement, though with a sail date of March 29 I don't have much longer.

I believe in the end I won't really have a choice.  I would be denied boarding under the current restrictions.

I have received NO letters from Carnival about anything! They put a date of March 21 on the over 70 cancellation...we are supposed to go..or NOT go being over 70  on Match 28 and time is getting close!  Carnival is giving NO information..if it were not for CC I would know NOTHING!

58 minutes ago, IDKaren said:

I have received NO letters from Carnival about anything! They put a date of March 21 on the over 70 cancellation...we are supposed to go..or NOT go being over 70  on Match 28 and time is getting close!  Carnival is giving NO information..if it were not for CC I would know NOTHING!

Whom did you book with?