Miami Boarding: New Medical Screening, March 14+

BoundForSea

Google Maps shows Great Stirrup Cay to be north and west of Nassau, which means Divina is heading back toward Miami, and the opposite direction of the planned ports of San Juan, Tortola, and St Martin.

We haven’t been told anything about missing other ports, but I find it hard to believe that we’ll be going there.  

I suppose there will be another announcement tomorrow.

4 hours ago, bespin said:

And now (4:00PM Saturday) we’ve just been informed that Puerto Rico has closed its port to all cruise ships. Instead, Divina will divert to Great Stirrup Cay (owned by Norwegian Cruise Line).

Wait did you say youre going to Great Stirrup Cay???? I literally had to read that twice to see if I read it correctly. Bazaar. Hows that gonna work? Keep us posted. 

On 3/13/2020 at 8:05 AM, lifeasme123 said:

I'm not a diabetic.  But I am curious if passengers with either Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes will be denied boarding.  I cannot imagine how Type 2 would be considered "severe".  

I've had type 2 diabetes 35 years.i assure you it effects you greatly.i just went ahead and cancelled my cruise too much money to waste.my wife became diabetic a few years back .they constantly have us in doctor's visits but we are in the military system and not private insurance which makes a big difference as far as getting adequate medical care.

7 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Wait did you say youre going to Great Stirrup Cay???? I literally had to read that twice to see if I read it correctly. Bazaar. Hows that gonna work? Keep us posted. 

That is indeed what the ship announced - in seven languages. Great Stirrup Cay, owned by NCL. 

They emphasized that the decision to close the port in San Juan was out of MSC’s control.

Just now, bespin said:

That is indeed what the ship announced - in seven languages. Great Stirrup Cay, owned by NCL. 

They emphasized that the decision to close the port in San Juan was out of MSC’s control.

Listen when you get there Id love to hear how it goes! These are unique times for sure. Food and activities, how does that all go? Maybe they will just let you guys use the beaches. I think they still tender there. I can imagine what NCL is charging MSC for this!  Enjoy, having half the ship to yourselves. Thats pretty fantastic. 

Sunday morning - Divina is anchored off of Great Stirrup Cay. Passengers are being tendered ashore. Two other ships are docked, at an area that looks like a water park. (I’m not familiar with GSC, so I don’t know what all is here.) ***** says that one of the ships is Navigator of the Seas. It doesn’t show the other ship. The other ship has a similar size and shape, but I can’t tell which ship or cruise line it is, other than that the bow isn’t decorated the way that NCL ships are. I don’t see any other ships offshore.

We’ve chosen to stay onboard today, so I don’t know what activities or facilities are being offered on the island. The tenders are coming and going quite a way from where the other ships are docked.

So far, no announcements about where we’ll be tomorrow.

Edited by bespin
Corrected spelling
  • Like 1

GSC is tender only, no docks.  You are probably seeing RCCL's private island which is off to the left from normal anchor point.

GSC has at least three beach areas, two food areas, couple food trucks normally.  Several bars.  It has been under construction with cabanas being finished at the far end.

Find it odd NCL playing nice with MSC.

21 minutes ago, dexddd said:

GSC is tender only, no docks.  You are probably seeing RCCL's private island which is off to the left from normal anchor point.

GSC has at least three beach areas, two food areas, couple food trucks normally.  Several bars.  It has been under construction with cabanas being finished at the far end.

Find it odd NCL playing nice with MSC.

***** now says that the second ship at dock is Mariner of the Seas, so I’m sure you’re correct about that being the RCCL island.  That would be CoCo Cay?

I’ve not been to either GSC or CoCo Cay before, so this is good to know.

Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bespin said:

Sunday morning - Divina is anchored off of Great Stirrup Cay. Passengers are being tendered ashore. Two other ships are docked, at an area that looks like a water park. (I’m not familiar with GSC, so I don’t know what all is here.) ***** says that one of the ships is Navigator of the Seas. It doesn’t show the other ship. The other ship has a similar size and shape, but I can’t tell which ship or cruise line it is, other than that the bow isn’t decorated the way that NCL ships are. I don’t see any other ships offshore.

We’ve chosen to stay onboard today, so I don’t know what activities or facilities are being offered on the island. The tenders are coming and going quite a way from where the other ships are docked.

So far, no announcements about where we’ll be tomorrow.

Thank you so much for the up to date information on this cruise.  I forward it to the other folks in my group so that know what we are "missing".  I hope the remainder of your cruise is safe and enjoyable.  Under the circumstances, you are obviously a person who, by nature, takes a positive view on life!  Thanks again.

4 hours ago, Big Timber said:

Under the circumstances, you are obviously a person who, by nature, takes a positive view on life!  Thanks again.

Thank you! Divina is a beautiful ship, the staff and crew are wonderful. We like sea days, so this has been relaxing for us. 

We’ve found the food to be hit and miss, but more hits as we go along. We’ve liked all of the entertainment. 

The only frustration has been the scarcity of information about where we’re going next.  The compass says we’re still going north and west - to me, that means  the direction of Miami. 

I don’t know whether there’s room in the port for us right or whether we would have to wait for other ships to move out first.

There’s not been an announcement today. The cruise director will probably say something tonight at the show in the theater.

10 hours ago, bespin said:

Divina just announced - Monday at sea, Tuesday at Cozumel, Wednesday at sea, Thursday at Ocean Cay, Friday in Miami.

Friday was the scheduled end of the cruise.

Thanks for the update and best wishes to you.  We'll be following.  

17 hours ago, bespin said:

Thank you! Divina is a beautiful ship, the staff and crew are wonderful. We like sea days, so this has been relaxing for us. 

We’ve found the food to be hit and miss, but more hits as we go along. We’ve liked all of the entertainment. 

The only frustration has been the scarcity of information about where we’re going next.  The compass says we’re still going north and west - to me, that means  the direction of Miami. 

I don’t know whether there’s room in the port for us right or whether we would have to wait for other ships to move out first.

There’s not been an announcement today. The cruise director will probably say something tonight at the show in the theater.

Just saw a post that states that your cruise will terminate in Miami on Friday as scheduled.  Trust you will continue to enjoy it.  I happen to prefer the sea days myself.