Where will all the ships dock???

teach/2/cruise

28 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Escape was docked at Nassau then this morning she was gone and BA was there.  Now Escape is docking again.  They decide to take her out for a spin?

Probably to startup & run the water filtration systems, waste management, perhaps unload grey water, etc. 

Dexx, (and others ... ) stay safe & healthy, shelter-in-place and/or work from home, do what it take to be self-reliant.

Hopefully, most are well stocked already & prepared by now.  This is a time for conservation - those stored provisions & inventory are good for 2 or 3 weeks ... here's my tip for this day: go on a diet, reduce meat portion sizes & watch those daily calories intake, easy to stretch them to 4 to 5+ weeks, before one must consider going out to shop & restock items that begin to run low - ride out this virus pandemic. 

On 3/19/2020 at 1:30 PM, mking8288 said:

Probably to startup & run the water filtration systems, waste management, perhaps unload grey water, etc. 

Dexx, (and others ... ) stay safe & healthy, shelter-in-place and/or work from home, do what it take to be self-reliant.

Hopefully, most are well stocked already & prepared by now.  This is a time for conservation - those stored provisions & inventory are good for 2 or 3 weeks ... here's my tip for this day: go on a diet, reduce meat portion sizes & watch those daily calories intake, easy to stretch them to 4 to 5+ weeks, before one must consider going out to shop & restock items that begin to run low - ride out this virus pandemic. 

Thanks, you too.  See your Governor has issued non-essentials to stay at home.

We were supposed to be flying out tomorrow for Sunday MSC trip.  Trying to figure if I want a refund or take a 125% FCC.  They've been around for 300 years but supposedly the cruise side is a separate company which doesn't surprise me.

Edited by dexddd
  • Like 1

ChengKP questions:  So is the idea the ships will stay at anchor and then every few weeks?  Then dock for provisions, top off of fuel?  There was one empty berth in Nassau as an example last I looked.   On one engine or so fuel can probably last a while?  In some anchorages  is there a shore boat that stops and sells food, etc.  to anchored ships?  You see cargo ships waiting a long time for cargo in some ports.

If everyone is spread out to passenger cabins and food in the buffet they could probably manage an outbreak reasonably well.    

I might suggest it is time for escrow accounts for crew wages and food- the history of cruise lines going broke is not pretty.   The crews are left to fend for themselves suddenly.  The lines still have cash.  

Edited by ew101

Jacksonville now is hosting the Sky, Sun, and Pearl along with the Carnival ship normally home ported here.  The NCL ships may have to periodically go out to sea as they are docked at active cargo terminals.  I think the one that arrive a week or two ago had to do that in the last days.  The other two ships arrived in the last 24 hours.