Ocean Suite and FTTF

trory

I booked an Ocean Suite on the Sunshine and just now saw that it includes: 

Priority check-in and boarding

Priority dinner reservations for select specialty restaurants

Priority main dining room time assignment (Early, Late or Your Time Dining)

Priority debarkation at all ports

I heard this doesn't include your room being ready when you board. Do you think it's worth it to purchase FTTF just for that extra perk?

No. 

We just sailed last month in an Ocean Suite.  You get priority boarding, so you'll be one of the first groups on the ship. It was easy for us to get an elevator to an open "drinking hole", which for us was the pool area.  We were literally one of the first ones there on the pool deck, so seating was entirely open.  Sat down to enjoy drink and food for 2 hours or so, then went to our cabin.    Didn't miss going early to our suite at all. 

We also purchase FFTF for both se perks but the last two cruises I have found confusion on debarkation.  There has been two meeting places, one for FFTF and the other for suite guests.  I went to guest services and asked for a debarkation information sheet for both groups.  The time was the same and yet there were two meeting points for each group.

The differences between suites & FTTF is the room ready on boarding & a special line at guest services. I purchased FTTF with a suite once - when it was less than $50 - but haven’t bought it again as it wasn’t worth the cost for me. 

I prefer boarding a little later. My goal is to get there late enough that I never stop walking from the time I get out of the Uber til I hit the ship. 

As for Guest Services, I’ve never had a reason that I needed their help *right now* that I couldn’t wait until the line was short when I was in the area. 

Our last cruise last year was a 3-night aboard Spirit.  There were no ports of call, just a cruise to nowhere.  Despite that, we still got FTTF mainly for the priority embarkation and the price not toobad.  However, when we got to the terminal, we had to line up with everyone else as their computer system was on the blink.  So we didn't get our money's worth there. The other perk is not having to line up at guest services and instead use the special Diamond, Platinum and FTTF guest line.  More often than not, the person behind the desk simply calls the next person from the regular line.  This has happened on other cruises where we got FTTF.

I don't know, but even when considering that the computer glitch was a one-off issue and the fact that I stand at the priority guest line at guest services like a goose, I'm starting to reconsider the value of FTTF.

Our room has always been ready when we get on, though.