Someone else’s cruise added to my account

smile145

Help - Trying to get advice and see if this ever happened to anyone else.  I cruised once on MSC in 2019.  I have nothing currently booked.  They sent me an email about “my upcoming cruise” with a booking number.  

Sure enough, I log into the MSC for Me app with my credentials and they have this cruise there under my name which is not mine.  Am I going to have to call (wanted to avoid that since so many people need to get through)?  I have not been charged any deposit or anything like that.  It looks like they attached someone else’s cruise to my account.

F72C6040-42B7-4818-9DFC-CD78B5BF9462.png

I've seen reports of it happening before.  Eventually the person who booked it will get tired of waiting for it to show up and inquire.  The US bookings call in wait times haven't been bad, so if you wanted to help them speed up the process it shouldn't take too much time.

This has been reported before with MSC reservations, so it seems to be a glitch in their system. I seem to remember different names being assigned to existing reservations also. It appears unlikely their cruise will be a go since it is in June, but they will want to be able to take advantage of the MSC refund/fcc offer so, as Ate stated, it might be nice of you to call to help speed things along. It all works out in the end. 

7 hours ago, smile145 said:

Help - Trying to get advice and see if this ever happened to anyone else.  I cruised once on MSC in 2019.  I have nothing currently booked.  They sent me an email about “my upcoming cruise” with a booking number.  

Sure enough, I log into the MSC for Me app with my credentials and they have this cruise there under my name which is not mine.  Am I going to have to call (wanted to avoid that since so many people need to get through)?  I have not been charged any deposit or anything like that.  It looks like they attached someone else’s cruise to my account.

F72C6040-42B7-4818-9DFC-CD78B5BF9462.png

all I know is you have 97 days before you cruise!  J/k

This will be hilarious if it is the case, but we made our final payment for this very cruise at about 12:55 this afternoon.  We were told we would get a confirmation e-mail, but received none.  Maybe they got their wires crossed and sent you the confirmation instead.  I will call again tomorrow.  The phone was actually answered right after I got through the normal operator “press 1”  “press 2” options. 

14 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

@smile145 Does it show the cabin number when you tap on the compass at the center bottom of the app? 

yes actually it shows Fantastica cabin 10234.  I plan to call this week but I know there will be a lot of people trying to get through for more urgent issues so I will probably wait a bit.

Edited by smile145

10 minutes ago, smile145 said:

yes actually it shows Fantastica cabin 10234.  I plan to call this week but I know there will be a lot of people trying to get through for more urgent issues so I will probably wait a bit.

Nope, not our booking then.  Thanks for checking! 🙂 I will be calling tomorrow anyway, as we never got our confirmation e-mail for our final payment.  They also messed up my Voyager account where I am now gold instead of diamond.  That does not bother me much, as the free voyager status is a gift.  However, since they dropped my status I can not access 2 of our 4 MSC bookings... Love Seaside, but MSC has to be the worst when it comes to IT 🤦‍♀️

Hoping at least 1 of our 2 Seaside cruises is a “go” for this summer! ⛴ Happy Cruising!

Edited by APDMOM
typo