Has Anyone Filed a "Refund Redemption Form"?

ssawjo

When Princes canceled our Sapphire cruise leaving April 16 from Singapore in February, included in the cancellation notice was a Refund Request Form (www.Princess.com/refund-request) to be submitted for reimbursement of expenses that were not reimbursed, for example, airfare cancellation fees, prepaid hotels, transfers, etc.  One form per cabin.  

Question:  Has anyone had any luck receiving a check from Princess if you submitted the form?  How long did it take to receive?  I submitted mine on 2/27/20 with the requested documents via email and received a confirmation that it was received by Customer Relations.  The form reflected a four week turnaround.  It is now March 22 and no sign of a refund.  

I am grateful that Princess is willing to reimburse these expenses.  If anyone has had any experience, good or bad, with this process please reply.

Thank you,

Bill

Well good luck with that. I also was cancelled by the cruise line, and also attempted to re-book my Hawaii cruise, but was told that I would have to come up with additional 2-3K for the same cruise at a later date and time. To me this was not worth the value, and requested the option #2 (100% refund + 25% future cruise credit). My issues were that the system did not accept the submittal of the form, had to call back 4 different times with 4 different agents. Finally the last agent I spoke with was brutally honest and stated that they are having issues with the system, some of the submissions are going thru and others are not. 
in previous communication from Princess, it was stated that any shore excursions would be automatically returned, well after speaking with the agent yesterday, if a claim is not filed, then your money will be held in limbo according to the agent. She advised their system (Polar) which in normal situations would be able to reverse the charges immediately, but since this is not the normal, they have to enter each transaction individually. Thus will take up to 60 days or longer for any refund to be returned.

If you submitted the refund, make sure you received an e-mail from a Princess which states it has processing your refund. In some parts there is a glitch, in the system, and I guess I had to be one of the ones who never received an e-mail confirmation. After 60 days, if I have not heard back from Princess, then I will be re-contacting them.

Also you must file a separate form for independent air fare, hotel, or any other transportation you may have had booked, to be considered for a refund.

Just passing on this information for others who may be experiencing the same issues.

Edited by KcFanNindy

15 hours ago, ssawjo said:

Question:  Has anyone had any luck receiving a check from Princess if you submitted the form?  How long did it take to receive?  I submitted mine on 2/27/20 with the requested documents via email and received a confirmation that it was received by Customer Relations.  The form reflected a four week turnaround.  It is now March 22 and no sign of a refund.  

I am in Australia and submitted my air fare reimbursement claim on 27/2/20 as well.   Have only had an email like you confirming it had been received.   Would of thought we might have heard something by now as amongst the first lot of cruises to be cancelled.   Did receive my pre-paid OBC refund cheque - got off Sapphire on 13 February and received it 18 March so nearly 5 weeks for that.    Hopefully will hear something soon.

Off of Regal Princess, Port Everglades, March 8, 2020.  Submitted my refund request on the 16th and received a confirmation from Princess later in the day.  I fully expect for the refund to take at least six weeks.  This was for our debarkation being delayed by over fifteen hours.  Two crew had to be tested for Covid-19 before we could dock (both negative).  In addition to one night's hotel, air fare change fees and Lyft to the hotel I added our luggage valet service, Bags Inc, since that service was never delivered.  Princess would have paid for any increase in air fare, but our rebooked ticket home was actually less than what we originally paid.

• Like 1

The refund request the OP is asking about is NOT the booking compensation request. They are two totally different things. As the OP stated it is for non-refundable expenses such as prepaid hotels and cancellation fees.

This form has nothing to do with cruise refunds.

On 3/24/2020 at 5:03 PM, WNcruiser said:

The refund request the OP is asking about is NOT the booking compensation request. They are two totally different things. As the OP stated it is for non-refundable expenses such as prepaid hotels and cancellation fees.

This form has nothing to do with cruise refunds.

WNcruiser, you are absolutely correct as to the distinction.  

BTW, I called Princess customer relations yesterday for an update.  She was polite and knew exactly what I was talking about.  However, her answer was that a refund would be at least eight weeks out due to the number of refund requests for non-reimbursed expenses.  Oh well, I'll wait.  Have nothing else better to do.

But if anyone does get a refund for non-reimbursed expenses, let us know.  

Thanks,

Bill