Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

On this trip, I have taken just shy of 2000 pics so forgive me and I won’t bore you with much more. Especially as this thread is for fellow Cunard cruisers and our current trip is with another line. However, our next trip will be our 2nd time on the beautiful QM2 and we very much look forward to that.

That said, to any of you of a certain age who are thinking of doing something out of your comfort zone, then I can highly recommend a trip to Antarctica. 

It has been by far and away, the most beautiful and amazing place we have ever been to.  We only wish we had done it earlier when we were a little bit younger. 

(We are both in our mid 60’s). 

I would do it all again tomorrow but my wife found it a little but hard going at times due to her rheumatism etc but to her credit she did it all but but it was tiring at times. 

Don’t leave until it is too late. 

6 hours ago, ronpes said:

The Iguazu Falls. Very impressive. 

5D89AD30-C8A3-4A05-884A-2CB52D20894E.jpeg

70743A7C-6CC9-4A29-8101-7DA057A0B97A.jpeg

Ron, Your photos are wonderful. I get chills (cold ones) just looking at the ice and snow. I am afraid I am too much of a beach bunny for this kind of weather. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We arrived home in Scotland late yesterday afternoon after leaving Buenos Aires on Saturday lunchtime. 

It was a very bumpy, long (16hrs total) and uncomfortable overnight flight to LHR but we have had worse. 

Today after a bit of a late morning, the washing machine has been working hard and it was a lovely day to hang the wash out. 

It is now very much back to reality and it’s back to shovelling up some dodgy looking “stuff” at the horse yard tomorrow and a big list of chores!

The trip to Antarctica was the fulfilment of a life long dream and was beyond expectations. 

A truly stunning and very different world. 

I would do it all again tomorrow. 

We are now already counting down the days till our QM2 trip crossing in the summer. 

• Like 5

Yesterday, I was working in the garden to repot some plants and do general clean up from the winter and the eve of Christmas Eve freeze. I have eight citrus trees in big pots and they gave me enough fruit to make 16 pints of marmalade last year. They were newly planted after the great freeze of 2021.

They were wrapped in plankets, with hope for the best. Our low was 10f and when they were unwrapped all of the leaves turned and fell. I felt doomed. Yesterday, I found leaves coming out on the Republic of Texas Orange (which supposedly can go to 8f) and one of my Moro Blood Oranges. 

Leaves are coming out out many of the evergreen shrubs in the garden and on some deciduous shrubs as well, and the potocarpus has small magenta flowers. So, barring any more cold mornings, (and there are none in the 14 day forecast) there is good news in the garden. My spirits were much uplifted. 

• Like 4

All is well in Central Florida. The weather is cool and breezy with a warm sun.

I’ve been enjoying planning our Queen Elizabeth voyage to Alaska- coming up in August! Can’t wait!

We actually just finished listening to James A. Michener’s ALASKA in anticipation of our sailing. It was quite a long audiobook, of course  being Michener, but the book was absolutely worth the journey. We especially enjoyed the chapters dealing with the Alaska Gold Rush, salmon, and Tlingit history.

Listening to the book has made us even more excited about our upcoming trip to Alaska on QE.

• Like 1