Ocean Medallions cancelled

13cheermom

So we just cancelled our Alaskan cruise for 5/16/20 last Thursday 3/19/20.  Haven't seen any credits for anything as of yet, however Ocean Medallions notified me that our order has been cancelled for shipment.  I think it's funny that the only thing that appears to be processed is something that would save the company money.  AKA cancelling processing my medallion order since I cancelled the cruise. 🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Currently, medallion cruises only account for slightly less than 50% of all sailings, so the division handling medallion orders has a smaller workload.

Yes makes sense, just thought it was funny, and figured I would rather laugh about something instead of cry about all my money tied up with Princess right now. 

Agreed that they have a lighter workload in canceling medallions and it is a lot easier to press the cancel button than to do refunds etc.  We were on a canceled cruise to start in a few weeks.  We were notified that our medallion has been canceled of course.  So very sad.

kind of makes sense. in terms of work flow. At least you know your request is being processed . I am sure a lot of things are happening simultaneously but some faster than others. I have never been on one of the medallion cruises, but would image that since everything is connected to that FOB it would need to be deactivated asap. I am sure you must get those at some point preceding the cruise ( weeks?, never been on one of those ships)  and they are not something that the "medallion department " just whips up a few days before a cruise for 2500  +/-passengers. I doubt that this is done to save $$ on anyone's end, the decommissioning of that medallions likely costs the company $ and someone's time . However , I know want you mean and it would be nice to see the credit first.