Will Odyssey of the Seas be Done in Time ?

Not sure if anyone else has asked this question yet or not but we are on the November 9th, 2020 sailing and just wondering if there was any word on if the ship is still continuing to be built. Really hoping we make this cruise since our May cruise was cancelled. 

9 minutes ago, Irish13 said:

Not sure if anyone else has asked this question yet or not but we are on the November 9th, 2020 sailing and just wondering if there was any word on if the ship is still continuing to be built. Really hoping we make this cruise since our May cruise was cancelled. 

I heard that interior work has paused but exterior work is continuing for now. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m on the Inaugural, I’m hoping there are no delays as well.

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m on the Inaugural, I’m hoping there are no delays as well.

Very Nice I wanted to book that but friends of ours invited us to do a cruise with them during that week then we will stay 2 days in FL then get on Odyssey. 

34 minutes ago, Irish13 said:

Not sure if anyone else has asked this question yet

Yes, at least two other threads in addition to the old ongoing "blocks are in the house" thread which documents construction progress. The shipyard web site with COVID19 updates can be found here: https://www.meyerwerft.de/en/corona_praevention/index.jsp

18 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, at least two other threads in addition to the old ongoing "blocks are in the house" thread which documents construction progress. The shipyard web site with COVID19 updates can be found here: https://www.meyerwerft.de/en/corona_praevention/index.jsp

Thanks so much I will look at that now 😊

29 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

Fortunately for us we have a little more time. We booked for March 12, 2021 and think that will be good.  Got one of the Grand Lofts before they sold out.  Super excited to be sailing Star Class on a new ship.

How exciting to get a great room like that !!!

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

Fortunately we happened on the Odyssey before the masses.  We book a GL on Quantum class when we sail and this was a great find.

I don’t plan to be in my room but to sleep I wanna check it all out 

You are lucky then.  I would not be able to be in an inside room.  I need the light and have learned that all ships are wonderful but there is a calming effect to just sit on the balcony and watch the sun rise and ocean go by.  I guess that is why there are so many different types of rooms a person can book.  We are also excited about checking out Odyssey, but also excited to have the extra help of a genie to make sure we see and do everything.

3 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

You are lucky then.  I would not be able to be in an inside room.  I need the light and have learned that all ships are wonderful but there is a calming effect to just sit on the balcony and watch the sun rise and ocean go by.  I guess that is why there are so many different types of rooms a person can book.  We are also excited about checking out Odyssey, but also excited to have the extra help of a genie to make sure we see and do everything.

That will be awesome to have the genies help. 

It's always risky to book one of the first cruises of a new built as delays in the construction process can always occur. Maybe it helps here that there is as well a empty transatlantic cruises which gains additional time in case last minute works still need to be completed.