which online travel agents allow moveup bidding?

DevilinaBluDress

14 minutes ago, MadisonMom said:

I know the big box travel agency I have used in the past doesn't participate in the moveup program, but who does?  Do you need to book directly with Celebrity?

You bid on Moveup on a Celebrity webpage. Has nothing to do with your TA.  After final payment go to the MoveUp site and bid.

• Like 3

You simply Google Celebrity Moveup.  Then enter your reservation number and last name.  The rules are on the website.  The most important is you can change you bid, but once accepted it is final.  Cannot retract.

Again this is not part of anything regarding your TA.  Is only direct with Celebrity.  Many people receive invites from X to bid and lots of others do not.  Thus you often need to initiate the bid.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

You bid on Moveup on a Celebrity webpage. Has nothing to do with your TA.  After final payment go to the MoveUp site and bid.

5 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

You simply Google Celebrity Moveup.  Then enter your reservation number and last name.  The rules are on the website.  The most important is you can change you bid, but once accepted it is final.  Cannot retract.

Again this is not part of anything regarding your TA.  Is only direct with Celebrity.  Many people receive invites from X to bid and lots of others do not.  Thus you often need to initiate the bid.

Different TA's have different arrangements with Celebrity. I know for a fact that you can not use Moveup for any booking with a certain big-box store's TA department that I use to book all of my cruises.

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Different TA's have different arrangements with Celebrity. I know for a fact that you can not use Moveup for any booking with a certain big-box store's TA department that I use to book all of my cruises.

Never knew that. I deal with the TA where I used to be an employee - many years ago.  How can they opt out?  Very strange.  My old boss knew nothing about it.  Presume you use because in both US & Canada.

1 hour ago, Trixsea said:

A travel agency would have no reason to opt out.

Apparently the big box TA has one. They DO NOT participate nor is it allowed for you to participate since they don't. I've been there done that. You CANNOT submit a move up request on your reservation if you are booked with them. You'll receive a message saying such.  The big box TA's rationale is that they don't have the personnel to monitor their 'junk/spam/generic' emails where the offer gets sent to.   We no longer use them, especially since they give shop cards only and no longer give OBC for Celebrity cruises. 

11 minutes ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

Apparently the big box TA has one. They DO NOT participate nor is it allowed for you to participate since they don't. I've been there done that. You CANNOT submit a move up request on your reservation if you are booked with them. You'll receive a message saying such.  The big box TA's rationale is that they don't have the personnel to monitor their 'junk/spam/generic' emails where the offer gets sent to.   We no longer use them, especially since they give shop cards only and no longer give OBC for Celebrity cruises. 

A question - isn't it A single big box TA?  One has been discussed.  I was not aware of any that did not allow MoveUp before this thread.  The big box that does not allow much like it other operations is a bare bones limited service operation and travel is a very tiny tiny small part of its business.  

Has anyone found any of the big box TAs that appear when doing a Google search no participating in Moveup?

9 hours ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

I am not disagreeing with you I am just stating there is no reason why they shouldn’t.  Just curious...