Lights, Camera, Action!

Roberto256

I just wanted to post something light-hearted for the folks who has been around for a while...

Back in about 2000 on either Grand  (maybe Golden who can remember after 20 years), there

was  a production show called "Lights, Camera Action".

This show was written, and sold to princess by "Uber Rossi", who was in the Macaggi family of acrobats.

The show was really entertaining.

Before the show, there was a guy walking around the the showlounge, warming up the crowd.

You didn't know it at the time, but it was the star ... Uber Rossi.

I thought of this recently, because one of his gags (sort of like Gallagher) was a leaf blower canon.

He had an electric leaf blower that was fitted with a roll of toilet paper.   He would walk up to

someone seated in the audience, and cover them with TP.

Can you imagine now?   People would be screaming to be picked.

This is the first year ever, that I hope my house gets TP's at halloween:

388a61038ab88b178548583d8310f31c.jpg

• Haha 1

Ha!  That would have been the Golden.  I did my first contract there (stage crew) in 2003 and Uber was a riot.  We used to count how many one-handed handstands he could do in the final bows.

I remember one Med season we had a pickpocket expert. He went through the audience before hand and stole a ton of stuff.......can't imagine anything like that would ever happen again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FormerPrincessCrew said:

Ha!  That would have been the Golden.  I did my first contract there (stage crew) in 2003 and Uber was a riot.  We used to count how many one-handed handstands he could do in the final bows.

Shirley!?!?!

Just now, Roberto256 said:

Shirley!?!?!

You just made me spit my tea out. 

I have a very bad copy of it on DVD somewhere (filmed from the back of the house). I should try to find it and figure out how to upload....but my mac doesn't have a CD drive. 

Hmmm.....worth investigating. I have a dozen or so old shows from 2003 - 2007. 

• Like 1

Yeah , you and every other DAD in the world is hoping for the house to get TP'ed. I am teaching my kids to taunt their friends one at a time , while reminding the friends  to keep social distancing, and not to congregate in groups. This way we may get TP'ed several consecutive Friday and Saturday nights with the occasional week night since the kids are out of school. Hoping for no weekend rain, light winds, and kids with weak throws.  Waiting for Halloween maybe ( hopefully) too late. I am going for the Easter TP , father's day TP and fourth of July TP. I like the light hearted  posts on this heavy days . thanks

1 hour ago, FormerPrincessCrew said:

You just made me spit my tea out. 

I have a very bad copy of it on DVD somewhere (filmed from the back of the house). I should try to find it and figure out how to upload....but my mac doesn't have a CD drive. 

Hmmm.....worth investigating. I have a dozen or so old shows from 2003 - 2007. 

Did you know a stage manager named Roman?

We were on Golden for New Year's eve in 200x ... something.   He was the stage manager then, and was super helpful.

Just a few years ago, we did the Ultimate ship tour on (I think) Emerald, and he was the stage manager who did the

theater part of the tour.

And, to not be disrespectful to others...

One of the things Uber did while he was warming up the audience...

He would find a bald gentleman in the audience, and start rubbing his head, and calling him Shirley.

A couple times during the warmup, he would call over to Shirley.

Then, during to the show, there were a few shout-outs to Shirley.

It really got people involved.

1 hour ago, charlie murphy said:

Waiting for Halloween maybe ( hopefully) too late. I am going for the Easter TP , father's day TP and fourth of July TP.

TP good.  But, no egging for halloween, please!

Edited by Roberto256

Roman and I passed each other a few times, but he wasn't on the Golden when I was. 

I never got to see much of the Shirley's....always setting up backstage, but we'd get to hear it. Only got a visual when we came out as the camel for bows (dancers during the show, crew members during the bows)....although that depended on if you were the head or the tail.   😉

5 hours ago, FormerPrincessCrew said:

Roman and I passed each other a few times, but he wasn't on the Golden when I was. 

I never got to see much of the Shirley's....always setting up backstage, but we'd get to hear it. Only got a visual when we came out as the camel for bows (dancers during the show, crew members during the bows)....although that depended on if you were the head or the tail.   😉

I can't find the camel from LCA...

These were from Once Upon A Dream ... they changed to single occupant.

OnceUponADream.jpg.38dc6eda4e6f9e15e0d55d398d3759ba.jpg

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

I can't find the camel from LCA...

These were from Once Upon A Dream ... they changed to single occupant.

OnceUponADream.jpg.38dc6eda4e6f9e15e0d55d398d3759ba.jpg

Just went though photos.....this got me feeling nostalgic. This is one of the few I can find with Uber.  Was from a crew bar party (with some of the dancers).

Absynth1.JPG.3c859132a720ce953689475d6436e331.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 years later...