FYI for anyone who purchased extra packages- refund received

Petoonya

I'm on Bliss for Alaska 5/17 which has yet to be cancelled. But I called and cancelled the extra dinner and water packages three weeks ago. Had a refund in my account in 10 days. I read somewhere that some people were not getting refunds on extra packages they'd paid outright for. So wanted to pass this along.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

I'm on Bliss for Alaska 5/17 which has yet to be cancelled. But I called and cancelled the extra dinner and water packages three weeks ago. Had a refund in my account in 10 days. I read somewhere that some people were not getting refunds on extra packages they'd paid outright for. So wanted to pass this along.

Lucky you ... that does not seem to be happening much and I am one that you likely read say that elsewhere.  Today is 20 days and no refund (two different credit cards as add ons were done different times) and I called yesterday and ,as they keep saying to others that have called, it shows still pending.  Unacceptable.  And I know they took it off my reservation because my FCC does not include what was cancelled. 

Wondering if the hold is related to those that either cancelled their cruise entirely under Peace of Mind or had it cancelled by NCL which is different than your situation.

3 minutes ago, poffles said:

Wondering if the hold is related to those that either cancelled their cruise entirely under Peace of Mind or had it cancelled by NCL which is different than your situation.

Unfortunately you are probably right 😞

Just now, Petoonya said:

Unfortunately you are probably right 😞

Definitely leaves a bad taste and ironically this was a 'welcome back' type cruise for me with NCL having not sailed with them for a few years ... bad experience on the Epic and switched lines for a change.  I was reluctant booking but thought let's give it a try ... well that has gone hill fast and while I do not place the blame in their hands as it is just horrific times, but their handling of events since then is making me uglier every day.  Simply saying it's pending .. ????  ... what exactly does that mean... pending where????  .. pending what ... bankruptcy!!!!!!!

I'm on the fence about this.  I have two lower priced excursions (just a couple of hundred dollars total) and an internet package attached to our upcoming June Baltic's cruise, which I'm sure will be canceled with NCL's next monthly announcement.  We are waiting for them to cancel the sailing so we can apply for the refund rather than FCC.  On the one hand, it's a small amount compared to the total cruise cost, so I'd rather not make things more complicated than they need to be.  On the other hand I wonder if I am making a mistake not to get back whatever I can while I still can in case of bankruptcy.  But if both are taking 90 days???