head office email address

laserboi

On 4/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jancruz said:

Unfortunately they are inundated with those requests and there is no one that will answer your email directly..

Jancruz1

Totally understandable--this is a mess for all.  I feel so awful for crew.  I can't imagine what this is like for them as we've gotten to know so many over the years, and this is a desirable and needed job for many.  But Oceania has one area of deficiency that they could correct that would help customers have the confidence in their future and help stop the anger on the boards.

I am absolutely petrified that we have not yet received our 60K refund back for the deposit on the 2021 ATW (cancelled a month ago), and not receiving any official communication about expected time for the refund issuance other than "sometime" is where the issue is leading to extra stress.  I understand the logistics of processing so many changes, but to not communicate that we will be processing your refund by XYZ date (even if it is a longer time) is just not confidence building.  It leads to questions about NCLH viability, and that is not where you want the cruise line to be when/if you do expect to start back up and sail again quickly with existing customers happy you are back in business so to speak.

We fully intend to re-book as soon as we can as we absolutely adore Oceania and the value it brings (I suspect a re-book for ATW 2022 or 2023 since I am not confident of 2021 being feasible for Visas, ports, crew etc... being operational in time for actually taking such a voyage), but for now, we need the security of having that money in hand (and what pittance it can earn in interest/stocks) to think about a re-book with confidence when the time is right.        

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TOLISTravellers said:

I am absolutely petrified that we have not yet received our 60K refund back for the deposit on the 2021 ATW (cancelled a month ago), and not receiving any official communication about expected time for the refund issuance other than "sometime" is where the issue is leading to extra stress.

Did you use a a TA  to book the cruise??

That is where I would start  for answers

JMO

24 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Did you use a a TA  to book the cruise??

That is where I would start  for answers

JMO

Oh for sure--and she's the one getting no answers.   Our TA is a long time O partner (and one of their recommended) so when she/they can't get answers. that is not confidence building. 

3 minutes ago, TOLISTravellers said:

Oh for sure--and she's the one getting no answers.   Our TA is a long time O partner (and one of their recommended) so when she/they can't get answers. that is not confidence building. 

Hopefully it will be resolved soon for you

2 hours ago, TOLISTravellers said:

I am both very surprised and very sorry to read this.

3 hours ago, TOLISTravellers said:

I am absolutely petrified that we have not yet received our 60K refund back for the deposit on the 2021 ATW (cancelled a month ago), and not receiving any official communication about expected time for the refund issuance other than "sometime" is where the issue is leading to extra stress

This is almost criminal...yea, yea, I know it really isn't, but to make a customer go through this is !?@?#?$

How about a letter from your attorney? I know it'll cost a couple of hundred, but mitigating your stress is worth it. Had to do that twice with insurance claims. Quickly got results.

Leaving that kind of bucks on the table when a possibility of bankruptcy exists is not something I would want.

15 hours ago, InDaPast said:

This is almost criminal...yea, yea, I know it really isn't, but to make a customer go through this is !?@?#?$

How about a letter from your attorney? I know it'll cost a couple of hundred, but mitigating your stress is worth it. Had to do that twice with insurance claims. Quickly got results.

Leaving that kind of bucks on the table when a possibility of bankruptcy exists is not something I would want.

It's a good thought--I actually asked our company legal dept as we did the same with our air conditioner installer and  manufacturer (fraud is such a scary word and they had committed fraud) and since this falls under the O contracted terms and conditions (cancel before 181 days an no penalty except the $500 admin fee per person) it could be done.   However, since the bottom line concern is really insolvency, and since the consumer's (passengers) portion is so small compared to the other creditors in line before consumers it isn't likely to compel them to pay attention to the consumer.  Additionally NCLH appear to be addressing 4-5 suit filings for SEC violations to deal with stock manipulation for the leaked emails about minimizing/lying about COVID so even if they amount to nothing, their legal team is going to be tied up in responding to all of those and really won't care about individual consumers.

When I cancelled I was before the 90 days for refunds, I was supposed to have mine in 30 days, which has now passed.  I am truly aware of all the various angles that could be at play, but the customer that invested in you and would re-invest in you is important too.  I am tuly feeling up the creek more and more each moment that passes with no news.

18 minutes ago, TOLISTravellers said:

When I cancelled I was before the 90 days for refunds, I was supposed to have mine in 30 days, which has now passed.  I am truly aware of all the various angles that could be at play, but the customer that invested in you and would re-invest in you is important too.  I am tuly feeling up the creek more and more each moment that passes with no news.

Were you booked on the full RTW cruise??

The cancellation terms are different  for  that cruise

28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Were you booked on the full RTW cruise??

The cancellation terms are different  for  that cruise

Yes, the full ATW, and I have the terms and conditions--I'm in the penalty of $500 PP but no other penalty etc....That O did at least confirm with my TA when we put in the cancellation.  They just stopped giving the TA updates, which is when I got scared.  I just hope ideally to get the deposit back and have O be fine and get to re-book at the later time.  Even if a miracle happens and Jan 2021 is able to be on, we'll be on it.  For the last year I have organized everything (office coverage, remote server access, organizers for the room, you name it, I was doing it gradually so as not to have any issues at the last minute) so I am really hoping this can all work out in the end.  The ATW (full) was my mother and I, and then my husband was coming on three segments to join us so this was really going to be fun together and I'd hope to be able to recapture the plan.  We have all traveled on O many times together but this one was more special.  I'm just glad the TA hadn't done DH segments ye just in case...

18 minutes ago, TOLISTravellers said:

Yes, the full ATW, and I have the terms and conditions--I'm in the penalty of $500 PP but no other penalty etc....That O did at least confirm with my TA when we put in the cancellation.  They just stopped giving the TA updates, which is when I got scared.  I just hope ideally to get the deposit back and have O be fine and get to re-book at the later time. 

Maybe they are busy  & do not have the time to address each individual concern

The more calls  they get   the slower  the process gets

JMO

Be well