Illness

I took a cruise in December from the 8th - 15th on the Liberty out of Galveston.  Two days after returning home, I started feeling bad.  Within 3 days I had severe breathing problems which acted like bronchitis.  It got so bad that I rattled when I breathed.  I got somewhat better in the following days but was never well.  Finally went to the dr. on January 2nd and found out I had Pneumonia.  Took another two weeks with antibiotics to get better.

I would like to know if anyone else on that particular cruise became ill with similar symptoms.

Thank you.  

24 minutes ago, Cruiserlady39 said:

I took a cruise in December from the 8th - 15th on the Liberty out of Galveston.  Two days after returning home, I started feeling bad.  Within 3 days I had severe breathing problems which acted like bronchitis.  It got so bad that I rattled when I breathed.  I got somewhat better in the following days but was never well.  Finally went to the dr. on January 2nd and found out I had Pneumonia.  Took another two weeks with antibiotics to get better.

I would like to know if anyone else on that particular cruise became ill with similar symptoms.

Thank you.  

I have never been on a cruise (close to 50 now) where I didn't hear people hacking and sneezing. The "crud" has always been prevalent on cruise ships. When you're on a large ship (don't know if you were on Liberty of the Seas or Carnival Liberty), you are going to be exposed to upper respiratory issues. Sometimes you're able to avoid it, sometimes not. This will continue to be the way it is after whichever ships survive this Covid 19 pandemic begin sailing again.

1 hour ago, Texas Tillie said:

I have never been on a cruise (close to 50 now) where I didn't hear people hacking and sneezing. The "crud" has always been prevalent on cruise ships. When you're on a large ship (don't know if you were on Liberty of the Seas or Carnival Liberty), you are going to be exposed to upper respiratory issues. Sometimes you're able to avoid it, sometimes not. This will continue to be the way it is after whichever ships survive this Covid 19 pandemic begin sailing again.

Totally agree with the above!   

On 4/7/2020 at 8:50 AM, Texas Tillie said:

(don't know if you were on Liberty of the Seas or Carnival Liberty),

LOS sails from Galveston, Carnival Liberty doesn't (Vista, Dream and Freedom).

I am replying to the previous posts.  I cruised on the RCL Liberty of the Seas.

Like Texas Tillie says, I have come home from cruises and had the "cruds" for several days and then got better.  This was totally different from anything I had ever experienced.

I have never originated a post before and obviously didn't do it right.  I meant to post it on the RCCL postings, not the Gulf Coast posts.  I tried to look for my roll call to post my question but it had disappeared by the time I felt up to doing it.

Thank you for all of your responses.

On 4/7/2020 at 8:20 AM, Cruiserlady39 said:

I took a cruise in December from the 8th - 15th on the Liberty out of Galveston...

2 hours ago, Cruiserlady39 said:

...  I tried to look for my roll call to post my question but it had disappeared by the time I felt up to doing it...

At this time, the Roll Call thread is in about the middle of the 3rd page of threads in the Liberty of the Seas Roll Calls forum.

Edited by Host Kat
Typo due to fat fingers & skinny laptop keys!