How long will you wait?

Toad

8 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

To those who choose to wait to cruise until there is an effective vaccine, will you take flights without a vaccine ?

Without a cruise to get to, I have no reason to fly, so no, I won't be taking flights without a vaccine. 

• Like 2

I would take a short flight without a vaccine.  My main concern is not becoming ill,  that could be considered predictable.  My main concern is not being allowed to come home or being aboard a floating plague ship.  Now I was called out long ago for calling the Princess ship a plague ship but that is how nations are treating the ships regardless of our sensibilities.   Prior to this I was always willing to disbark a cruise gone bad and get myself home but that is not an option in the current environment.

14 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

To those who choose to wait to cruise until there is an effective vaccine, will you take flights without a vaccine ?

If yes, will you take only short domestic flights,  or will you also take long haul/international flights ?

Until there is a vaccine AND I have access to it (wary of that because of the lack of availability of testing fiasco), the only reason I would fly anywhere would be if it was an urgent emergency in my family and I needed to be there IMMEDIATELY.  Otherwise, I plan to keep all my travel to 1 day length's worth.  I'll drive maybe 5-6 hours, stop for the day, repeat if necessary.  And, those trips will most like involve camping, where I can keep my social distancing going.  

I would not even consider a cruise until at least Fall 2021 and that includes 1)the vaccine is available to all, 2)cruise lines require a proof of vaccination, 3) all ports involved have mitigated and controlled COVID-19, and 4) cruise lines step up their cleaning process.