Divina YC cabins 16001, 16002, 16003, 16004

LorraineP

3 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Has anyone stayed in any of these aft cabins? Would I be better off staying on 15 near the Top Sail Lounge? Aft cabins & balconies on 16 appear to be larger. 

The cabins you ask about have a number of detracting features. 

1) the balconies have a large steel solid front which blocks the view  downwards. and a barrier which prevents you from walking forward

2) when cruising the balcony is virtually unusable due to the wind caused by the forward motion off the ship.

3) for the same reason as "2" you  can't have the balcony door open when cruising

the cabins, which are part of the Yacht Club, are 280 sq. ft (~250 living area; ~30 bathroom. balcony 60 sq ft.

here is what the balcony looks like

msc-divina-bow-balcony-cabi.jpg

The cabins on the aft are standard size, not in the yacht club,  

192 sq. ft.(living area 168 sq ft; bath 24 sq ft)

The balconies however vary in size

Deck 13 are small Juliette balconies

deck 12 are 55 sq ft

Deck 11 are  95 sq ft

Deck 10 are 118 sq ft

Deck 9 are 55 sq ft

Deck 8 are standard size

here are some images 

deck 13

Deck13_aft.jpg

deck 12

Deck12_aft.jpg

deck 11

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

deck 10

Deck10_aft%201.jpg

deck 9

Deck9%20aft_.jpg

deck 8

Deck8%20aft_.jpg

Edited by Skier52

13 minutes ago, Skier52 said:

The cabins you ask about have a number of detracting features. 

1) the balconies have a large steel solid front which blocks the view  downwards. and a barrier which prevents you from walking forward

2) when cruising the balcony is virtually unusable due to the wind caused by the forward motion off the ship.

3) for the same reason as "2" you  can't have the balcony door open when cruising

the cabins, which are part of the Yacht Club, are 280 sq. ft (~250 living area; ~30 bathroom. balcony 60 sq ft.

here is what the balcony looks like

msc-divina-bow-balcony-cabi.jpg

The cabins on the aft are standard size, not in the yacht club,  

192 sq. ft.(living area 168 sq ft; bath 24 sq ft)

The balconies however vary in size

Deck 13 are small Juliette balconies

deck 12 are 55 sq ft

Deck 11 are  95 sq ft

Deck 10 are 118 sq ft

Deck 9 are 55 sq ft

Deck 8 are standard size

here are some images 

deck 13

Deck13_aft.jpg

deck 12

Deck12_aft.jpg

deck 11

Deck11_aft%20.jpg

deck 10

Deck10_aft%201.jpg

deck 9

Deck9%20aft_.jpg

deck 8

Deck8%20aft_.jpg

Wow, thank you so much, would not like those forward balconies or aft at all. Will book either 15224 or 15222 then & be close to the Top Sail Lounge. 

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Wow, thank you so much, would not like those forward balconies or aft at all. Will book either 15224 or 15222 then & be close to the Top Sail Lounge. 

Here is a link to my review of our cruise in cabin 15013 (same as the two cabins you mention  except ours was on the port side) on Divina when in the Med.

You might like to read it.

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=4472

Pete

Edited by Skier52

2 hours ago, Skier52 said:

Here is a link to my review of our cruise in cabin 15013 (same as the two cabins you mention  except ours was on the port side) on Divina when in the Med.

Pete

Thank you. Enjoyed reading. 

3 hours ago, Skier52 said:

Pete

Wow did you go on all those cruises to take pics of the balconies?

Great review -- can't wait for my August 2021 Divina cruise.

The YC1 rooms look smaller than the ones on the Seaside -- any chance you have been on the seaside/seaview?

1 hour ago, xcell said:

The YC1 rooms look smaller than the ones on the Seaside -- any chance you have been on the seaside/seaview?

I've been on Seaview in the Med, on it's maiden voyage in an Aurea balcony cabin. 

2 hours ago, xcell said:

That is my sole hobby , pictures of balconies 😄😄

i don't think so

pete

Pete, could you please give input on Meraviglia YC1cabins? I remember you have also sailed this cabin.  Are some decks that have slightly larger cabins and/or balconies.

i do realize forward cabins do have that same metal/glass balcony with restrictive railing.  I somehow remember that some decks have “preferred” cabins with slightly larger balconies.

thanks for you great info, 

2 minutes ago, phissy said:

Pete, could you please give input on Meraviglia YC1cabins? I remember you have also sailed this cabin.  Are some decks that have slightly larger cabins and/or balconies.

i do realize forward cabins do have that same metal/glass balcony with restrictive railing.  I somehow remember that some decks have “preferred” cabins with slightly larger balconies.

thanks for you great info, 

Here is a link to  my review of a cruise in the YC on Meraviglia

http://www.cruisingmates.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=270&t=12438

I'm not sure of the square footage of the YC1 it says on the MSC web site says 28 m2 (301 sq. ft.) with balcony. i'm not sure whether the total includes the balcony or not .

pete

Just now, Skier52 said:

I'm not sure of the square footage of the YC1 it says on the MSC web site says 28 m2 (301 sq. ft.) with balcony. i'm not sure whether the total includes the balcony or not .

pete

Thanks for the quick reply.

you are a very valuable resource to those of us here in this forum.

Pete is the man!

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2020 at 12:48 PM, Skier52 said:

pete

Hi Pete,

I’m not sure if you will see this, but if you do can recommend which deck in the YC would be best for a YC1 cabin. We are booked in Nov. 2021 on the Meraviglia and there are cabins available on each of the decks. Our first MSC cruise. 

Neil

7 hours ago, lienf said:

Hi Pete,

I’m not sure if you will see this, but if you do can recommend which deck in the YC would be best for a YC1 cabin. We are booked in Nov. 2021 on the Meraviglia and there are cabins available on each of the decks. Our first MSC cruise. 

Neil

Personally I would go on deck 16 as it is on the same deck as the TopSail Lounge and only a short walk to it.

The same applies to Deck 18 and the Dining room.

i would also avoid the front facing cabins on deck 15,  I base this on the experience of friends who had forward facing cabins on the Divina, where the wind was so strong that you could not use the balcony when cruising,

Though reading posts on here it would appear that the wind is much less of a problem on the Meraviglia class. I have no first hand experience of  this type of cabin, Nor did I hear anything said about it from other guests when i was on board. So I've just added my thoughts so that you can be aware of the possibility of the wind being a problem.

6 hours ago, Skier52 said:

Personally I would go on deck 16 as it is on the same deck as the TopSail Lounge and only a short walk to it.

The same applies to Deck 18 and the Dining room.

i would also avoid the front facing cabins on deck 15,  I base this on the experience of friends who had forward facing cabins on the Divina, where the wind was so strong that you could not use the balcony when cruising,

Though reading posts on here it would appear that the wind is much less of a problem on the Meraviglia class. I have no first hand experience of  this type of cabin, Nor did I hear anything said about it from other guests when i was on board. So I've just added my thoughts so that you can be aware of the possibility of the wind being a problem.

Thanks for your help Pete. Booked deck 16 on the side. 

Neil