A Non Covid-19 Question...at last!!!

Hi, Just after some advice regarding policy should passengers change on a booking.

Im thinking of booking Anthem for April 2021 (lets hope we are sailing by then!) for me, my wife, my 6 year old daughter and my 72 year old mother. I would stress that my mother is as fit as a butchers dog but of course I have to remember that this sailing is still a year a way.

My daughter wants to share a cabin with her Grandma which Grandma is very happy with, with me and my wife having a regular balcony cabin. My question is that what would happen if my mother couldnt travel through ill health at the time of the cruise? Of course first my 6 year old daughter wouldnt be in a cabin of her own but would they either allow my daughter to come in to our cabin to make it 3 of us in the cabin, would they if required ask me to swap with my daughter to stay in their cabin instead or could they potentially say that that Grandma and daughters cabin is no longer viable because of a change in circumstances.

I ask the question as RC arent known for flexibility. Of course they wouldnt lose money as the both cabins would have been paid for but with RC it is never as simple as that!! Therefore im wondering what options I would have if the worst happened?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Happychappie said:

Im thinking of booking Anthem for April 2021

Wait till at least January to book this - by then there should be enough info to know how to book it and the rules in effect. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Wait till at least January to book this - by then there should be enough info to know how to book it and the rules in effect. 

To be honest its what the RC policy is on this that I need to know as they must have rules about changes of passengers post booking. I need to book now as we need transatlantic flights too which we can currently use Amex and Companion Voucher on which is a huge saving for us. Companion Vouchers for business class have very limited availability hence booking now. I looked at Miami but companion voucher availability goes within minutes so missed those!

I would not set it up that way, just because if grandmother can't sail, your daughter would be denied boarding as well.  If this happens close to sail away, you might not be able to include your daughter in your cabin, or it would be expensive to do so.  So you would then have to find someone to look after her, or cancel your cabin.

Edited by Qextor

3 minutes ago, Happychappie said:

its what the RC policy is on this that I need to know as they must have rules about changes of passengers post booking

As you have seen rules are changing every day - you can’t really count on any staying the way they are now.  Don’t be pressured to book because of a deal on flights. 

• Like 2

1) It'll work out, don't worry about it.

2) If you are totally paranoid (lots of us get paranoid when cruise planning) book you and your mom in the balcony and your wife and daughter in the other room. You can always switch when on board. 

• Like 1

You could add your daughter to your reservation but it is likely that you will need to change to a cabin that holds 3 people and has room in their muster station.  The new reservation will likely be repriced to the then current rates.

If you think it is likely that your mother will not be able to cruise, for whatever reason, you may want to book a phantom 3rd person in your cabin to get the current rates, even make the 3rd person 6 years old so you can get a kids sail free rate when there is a sale, and then either cancel that person (no penalty on a 3rd person) or change the name (you can do a name change up to 72 hrs before the sailing).  

Good luck on whatever you choose.   

Steve

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As you have seen rules are changing every day - you can’t really count on any staying the way they are now.  Don’t be pressured to book because of a deal on flights. 

I appreciate what you are saying but hopefully someone on here has experienced a change of passengers last minute so understands what happens in this situation as it must happen very regularly and there will be a policy in place now for this

6 minutes ago, Happychappie said:

I appreciate what you are saying but hopefully someone on here has experienced a change of passengers last minute so understands what happens in this situation as it must happen very regularly and there will be a policy in place now for this

Some of this depends on when/how grandmama doesn’t make the sailing - the policy will differ if you cancel ahead of time, no show or she gets denied boarding. 

Edited by Biker19

7 minutes ago, Happychappie said:

Three options.

As mentioned above move your daughter to your room which would need to be changed to a room that would accommodate 3 guests and it would be repriced.

Add a different adult to replace Grandma.  This can be done up to 48 hours prior to sailing.

Why  not book as daughter with mom and Dad with Grandma. That way if Grandma can’t go just have her be a no show at the pier and get her taxes back.  Also doing it this way it may even be cheaper to do this than to rebook with 3 in one room.  This way gives you the most options. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1