Paid in Full date

Lolou127

Our med cruise is late August our PIF date is July 1st, 57 days before we go, is this usual? I keep reading on here about people’s PIF dates being 90 days before travel and wondering why ours is such a random number of days before, we are UK based and booked direct with X

are X cancelling cruises after PIF at the moment?

10 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

Our med cruise is late August our PIF date is July 1st, 57 days before we go, is this usual? I keep reading on here about people’s PIF dates being 90 days before travel and wondering why ours is such a random number of days before, we are UK based and booked direct with X

Well, different companies have different types of regulations. Maybe in the current situation they expect you to pay earlier to be on the safe financial side? I guess they are afraid that another 100 days no sail may be announced and they want to stay with cash during this time. If you dont find it applicable, maybe it would be better to contact them to get things straight? If you are not able to pay at the moment, I think they will help you out 

14 minutes ago, Lolou127 said:

We are also booked directly with Celebrity. Our  cruise is February 14 and are final payment is due December 19th so around the same number of days as yourself and normal. I think the US always had to pay their final payment earlier than us because they had refundable deposits.

Yes that is the normal date for final payment in the UK if booked direct with Celebrity. You can check it by doing a dummy booking as far as the confirmation. You can also check out the scale of cancellation fees there too. Travel agents usually add a week or two to enable them to deal with the payment.

9 minutes ago, laslomas said:

Yes that is the normal date for final payment in the UK if booked direct with Celebrity. You can check it by doing a dummy booking as far as the confirmation. You can also check out the scale of cancellation fees there too. Travel agents usually add a week or two to enable them to deal with the payment.

Yep, it’s loss of deposit only if you cancel even the day before final payment. We will probably do that in December if it looks like we won’t be cruising and if they won’t move the deposit. Can’t be bothered with all this hassle of refunded deposits .