Optimistic news from Carnival, pessimistic news from Norwegian.

ssmea03

5 hours ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

With MSC, I get the traditional cruise experience I like on HAL mixed with the fun, lively vibe

That was my experience during my sole MSC cruise in January.  Have not sailed on NCL for many years, but the lively, fun vibe was like what I experienced during my Carnival cruises.  And, what HAL once upon a time had as well, although "different" from Carnival.

6 hours ago, Beardface said:

f I were to sail Carnival, I'm looking at a Cove Balcony. 

I have not sailed in a Cove Balcony.  If it is anything like the in-hull balcony staterooms on QM2 in which I have sailed, no thank you.  The interior of the stateroom was great.  The view from the balcony left much to be desired.  Sitting in a deck chair, one had a wonderful view of the sky and no view of the sea.

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have not sailed in a Cove Balcony.  If it is anything like the in-hull balcony staterooms on QM2 in which I have sailed, no thank you.  The interior of the stateroom was great.  The view from the balcony left much to be desired.  Sitting in a deck chair, one had a wonderful view of the sky and no view of the sea.

Ehh my first few cruises were in cabins with in hull balconies 25+ years ago, so that doesn't bother me at all.  A balcony on deck 3 or so, however... That would be interesting

22 hours ago, Cruiser Bruiser said:

You're not alone. I had sixteen cruises on NCL (Platinum), but I'm done with them. My last cruise with NCL was in May 2019 on Epic in the Mediterranean. I accidentally ordered a "Tanqueray and tonic" in the Epic Theater; it cost $21.50. For the cost of ten more drinks on NCL, I could have had the Easy Package on MSC (with water! with espresso drinks!).

When I gave up on NCL, I thought that HAL would become my new home. I have nine cruises on HAL (3* Mariner), and there is a lot that I like about their product. Their Pinnacle-class ships, however, have been so popular that HAL has been able to sustain significant price increases. With MSC, I get the traditional cruise experience I like on HAL mixed with the fun, lively vibe I liked on NCL. All at an affordable price. I'm only two cruises in on MSC, but I have two more booked and more planned. So long as the MSC brand stays on course, I will be with MSC for a long while.

We've got $150 on the table with NCL for a CN. Have no worries if it goes poof 

Our last trip was Escape June 2018.  Have done three MSC plus March cancel.  Only way I'd book NCL now is last minute.  I can't trust them with my money.

3 hours ago, dexddd said:

We've got $150 on the table with NCL for a CN. Have no worries if it goes poof 

Our last trip was Escape June 2018.  Have done three MSC plus March cancel.  Only way I'd book NCL now is last minute.  I can't trust them with my money.

my last NCL cruise was dreadful. I took a hit on a cancellation fee and lost a cruise next. 2 private K-6 (iirc) schools chartered out cabins on the Getaway for students and parents. It was not an enjoyable time. Over 1000 unruly kids on that ship with parents that let the ship be the babysitter. The line at guest services was 10-20 people deep on any given moment with pax at the counter demanding credits and action from security. We were totally put off from the lax attitude.