CruiseNext Coupon and Cruise Critic loosening up

esm54687

While everyone is expecting the cruiselines to be more consumer friendly with FCCs, refunds, etc....... maybe Cruise Critic could lighten up on their hard refusal of allowing CruiseNext Coupons to be sold here.....   just an idea to allow those on this forum to off-load coupons they may not be able to use for various concerns / reasons. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

While everyone is expecting the cruiselines to be more consumer friendly with FCCs, refunds, etc....... maybe Cruise Critic could lighten up on their hard refusal of allowing CruiseNext Coupons to be sold here.....   just an idea to allow those on this forum to off-load coupons they may not be able to use for various concerns / reasons. 

Well we cant buy or sell here, However if you are interested in paying it forward and would like to gift the certificates I would really appreciate your generosity, or anyone else who might like to off-load?  Thanks

Edited by Newleno
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Newleno said:

Well we cant buy or sell here, However if you are interested in paying it forward and would like to gift the certificates I would really appreciate your generosity, or anyone else who might like to off-load?  Thanks

Well, that was my point of the post..... to temporarily allow the buying / selling for those who may need the money etc. 

2 hours ago, esm54687 said:

There are other public forums that you can do this on...I've successfully bought them elsewhere. Pretty sure we aren't allowed to say what social media sites, but do some looking.

2 hours ago, esm54687 said:

Well, that was my point of the post..... to temporarily allow the buying / selling for those who may need the money etc. 

Thank you for your response I appreciated your time.

5 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

There are other public forums that you can do this on...I've successfully bought them elsewhere. Pretty sure we aren't allowed to say what social media sites, but do some looking.

You're missing my point..... they were allowed to be bought / sold on Cruise Critic until recently ....... I'm aware of the other sites.....  all I'm saying is that Cruise Critic may look at that policy and allow it for the remainder of 2020 since everyone is already here talking about FCCs, refunds, etc..... and someone may be unemployed, tight on money, etc and fearful to cruise until 2047 and might want to unload them before they expire.

2 hours ago, spanishguy1970 said:

yeah i own 4 of those certificates but the way things are going, i doubt very much anyone wants to buy one, i certainly would not. 😞

Have you looked at this forum? People are booking late 2020, 2021 and some are asking about 2022 itineraries. 

24 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

You're missing my point..... they were allowed to be bought / sold on Cruise Critic until recently ....... I'm aware of the other sites.....  all I'm saying is that Cruise Critic may look at that policy and allow it for the remainder of 2020 since everyone is already here talking about FCCs, refunds, etc..... and someone may be unemployed, tight on money, etc and fearful to cruise until 2047 and might want to unload them before they expire.

Ok, I thought it wasn't ever allowed here, but I did see people post. I assume you could appeal directly to the powers that be here and see if they respond.

I'm not sure there is a large market for CruiseNext Certificates in light of the NCL financial news today.  I suspect that to sell, they would have to sold for a huge discount.  Does it make sense to sell at an 80% or so loss of face value?  But I guess the real question would be, is it worth buying a cert at 20% of face value in light of the strong possibility of NCL bankruptcy?  There is probably still a small market for them, but only at distressed values.  I also suspect that the value will decline with each passing day, as the news of the NCL financial condition becomes more common knowledge.  

2 minutes ago, SeaOfTranquility said:

I'm not sure there is a large market for CruiseNext Certificates in light of the NCL financial news today.  I suspect that to sell, they would have to sold for a huge discount.  Does it make sense to sell at an 80% or so loss of face value?  But I guess the real question would be, is it worth buying a cert at 20% of face value in light of the strong possibility of NCL bankruptcy?  There is probably still a small market for them, but only at distressed values.  I also suspect that the value will decline with each passing day, as the news of the NCL financial condition becomes more common knowledge.  

what if their is news of a new investor ?

On 5/4/2020 at 7:01 PM, esm54687 said:

OMG... I completely agree and I have the exact same issue but with Microsoft...... I chose not to purchase $1000 worth at their IPO in 1986 and now they won't let me purchase it at that price with all the earnings, splits, etc. They cost me $1,800,000 because of their hatred towards investors.

My point is..... good or bad.... you accepted the T&Cs of the cancellation at the time.  If by chance NCL revised their offer to only 105% FCC would people call and ensure the 20% was removed? 

I agree with this poster . One accept the conditions as offered . I don't want CC to turn into EBay or Kijiji . 

I was unaware that that was ever allowed on this forum but I would suspect it will never be allowed moving forward due to privacy concerns. If they turned the private messaging feature on, then yes, you could announce you had some and someone could private message you their personal information so you can set up payment. But as it stands, you'd have to give your name/number/e-mail whatever in the body of the forum which is highly discouraged by cruise critic