Unable to book anything in August 2020

jp2746

3 minutes ago, stormynow said:

Not nice to say this, but think anyone booking a cruise in Aug or Sept this year in out of their mind.

My September cruise was booked last October.  

I am guilty of booking the October cruise much more recently, in March to replace the late March cruise cancelled by Carnival.    In hindsight I think while not totally out of my mind, I was considerably more optimistic than was reasonable.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, stormynow said:

Not nice to say this, but think anyone booking a cruise in Aug or Sept this year in out of their mind.

We have a cruise booked on the Breeze in September, but it has booked since last May.  We also have two cruises booked for next year in April and September.  Both of these have been booked a while also.  We typically book our cruises a long time out.  We only pay the minimum deposit (usually $50, $100, or half deposit specials) and don't pay anything else until the final payment date.  Would we have booked a cruise for this September within the last couple of months?  Probably not, but we aren't really worried about it either.  Maybe for that we are out of our minds as well.

• Like 1

I noticed the same thing. I wasn't going to book right away but I have to fly in so was looking at a 7+ day cruise. Now that there are only 4-6 day cruises it's not worth it to go down to Miami or Orlando.

I have been eying the 8 day cruise on the Horizon so we could enjoy the Havana area.. oh well..