Slightly annoyed that I need to make another deposit..

The reps that I have dealt with thru the 800 number have all been very helpful and wait times have been much shorter than I expected.  Here is a breakdown of my experience:

I used to have a PVP, but she retired.  So I went online and shopped around for a replacement cruise first and put it on hold.  When booking online, click on 'Pay in full' and you will see the Hold option.  This will provide you with a booking number. Then I called Carnival's 1-800 number. My original cruise was paid in full,

1,481.28 (cruise fare + taxes, fees & port charges).  My new cruise is 1,471.28.  The rep explained that the FCC is the portion that would normally have been a non-refundable cancellation penalty, specifically my deposits which were $500 (250/pp). I was told this comes from the Admin. Team and would be applied to my balance once processed. (My $600 OBC will show up at the same time.)

- 500.00 FCC 

=971.28

The 971.28 was transferred from my original booking and was applied immediately to my balance.  The $10 difference between the 1,481 and 1,471 will be refunded back to my credit card.

So I didn't have to put down any additional cash, and at the moment my statement looks like this until the 500 comes through, then it will be paid in full:

=500.00

50 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

This is not what was written in the cancellation email, which said everything I have paid would be put towards FCC plus an additional $300 per room OBC

Sorry I was assuming greater than 6 day cruise. yes $300 OBC. but you have not paid in full, so your whole amount is FCC because you have not paid any taxes/fees/gratuities yet. so yes, the email aligns with what I said. it is the 2nd "path"

14 hours ago, georgiacruizer said:

The reps that I have dealt with thru the 800 number have all been very helpful and wait times have been much shorter than I expected.  Here is a breakdown of my experience:

I used to have a PVP, but she retired.  So I went online and shopped around for a replacement cruise first and put it on hold.  When booking online, click on 'Pay in full' and you will see the Hold option.  This will provide you with a booking number. Then I called Carnival's 1-800 number. My original cruise was paid in full,

1,481.28 (cruise fare + taxes, fees & port charges).  My new cruise is 1,471.28.  The rep explained that the FCC is the portion that would normally have been a non-refundable cancellation penalty, specifically my deposits which were $500 (250/pp). I was told this comes from the Admin. Team and would be applied to my balance once processed. (My $600 OBC will show up at the same time.)

- 500.00 FCC 

=971.28

The 971.28 was transferred from my original booking and was applied immediately to my balance.  The $10 difference between the 1,481 and 1,471 will be refunded back to my credit card.

So I didn't have to put down any additional cash, and at the moment my statement looks like this until the 500 comes through, then it will be paid in full:

=500.00

Well said / written as this is the same in my case. Awaiting the 500.00 correction and the 600 obc posting

On 5/10/2020 at 7:15 PM, lagienomai said:

Yes you can transfer to an already booked cruise. I did this with my May cruise that was cancelled. I know others have said they refund the port taxes and fees and just transfer the rate but I was able to just have them transfer the full amount to my other cruise that I had booked to pay it off. 

How long did the transfer of funds take. My PVP said it would take about a week for the money to show up on my booking for next summer. The other room that we cancelled still has the money showing on it as well.

On 5/10/2020 at 6:00 AM, FiremedicMike151 said:

So like many of you, I got the "we cancelled your cruise" email.  I opted for FCC plus OBC and finally called customer service today because I really wasn't sure how it all worked.

I was hoping they could just immediately transfer those funds to a new booking (I've actually already picked out our replacement cruise), but she said I'd have to secure the booking first (i.e. make another deposit) before they can move the funds over..

Seems like an unnecessary extra step, and seeing as my new cruise isn't for 15 months, I like to keep my money in my own pocket as long as possible.

Anyone else been through this?  Is this correct?

I completely understand how you feel.

However, I understand where they're coming from also. The customer has to have some skin in the game. If all they do is roll over the FCC, the customer has nothing to lose if they decide to cancel and then rebook some cruise.