Uk14 day quarantine

Yes I wondered that too Cos we have a cruise 11/7/20 leaving from

southhampton but after cruise we have a flight to Glasgow to get home so wondered if we would need to do quarantine as not international flight but we will have been abroad on cruise . However we probably don’t need to worry too much about it as I don’t think we will be cruising on 11/7/20

People need to do their research, many are finding out the hard way.

In The U.S., certain states are requiring a 14 day quarantine if you fly in from other certain states.
You may fly into a port from say California for example, a day or 2 before your cruise, only to find out you need to self quarantine for 14 days. (don't know if those states are accurate although I'm fairly certain of California)
Airlines are not informing their passengers of this, it is up to the individual to research if they will affected.

And yes, we have branches in the Hawaiian Islands and this is true.

I my company, we have people who need to fly all over the states, and this has been discovered.

Edited by B-52

3 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

What about visitors staying in homes and secondary residences?  How do you obtain supplies and groceries?  Are police standing outside doors to make sure no one leaves?  I guess being an island State allows for more surveillance but I just don't see how logistically they can enforce this.  

Some countries are threatening massive fines or even prison sentences if found to break quarantine. I should think cancellation of visas or being barred from entry for foreigners would be on the table too. Would take a brave person to break quarantine 

7 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Some countries are threatening massive fines or even prison sentences if found to break quarantine. I should think cancellation of visas or being barred from entry for foreigners would be on the table too. Would take a brave person to break quarantine 

Understood how policing in other countries would work and not work in others.  Case in point, Sweden chose to let its citizens police themselves.  Here in Florida,  the only way to check if someone is breaking quarantine is by ratting out by neighbors, family or friends.  Even then, nothing is done in the enforcement department.  We simply do not have the resources to enforce.  Less now that we are in Phase I and 2 of the reopening stages. 

Edited by livingonthebeach