Vancouver port on schedule to open

iggyc

Just now, seaman11 said:

Wouldnt it go by the state enforcement is effect  the ship is docked in?    you even say "recommendations"     i dont think it will be mandatory is what i am saying , from the only ports going this summer.  Texas/florida.    but many of you are assuming it will be mandatory.  lets see 

listen to his words...

we are still working with the same general guidelines that society is working with today

This would be the CDC recommendations

1 minute ago, hftmrock said:

This is the current 'General Guidelines' that I think he is referring to

CDC recommends that everyone wear a cloth face covering in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain, especially in areas of significant community-based transmission.

recommends , not made it mandatory, 

2 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

Wouldnt it go by the state enforcement is effect  the ship is docked in?    you even say "recommendations"     i dont think it will be mandatory is what i am saying , from the only ports going this summer.  Texas/florida.    but many of you are assuming it will be mandatory.  lets see 

No, it wouldn't go by the state the ship is docked in.  If that's the case, than each port might have different rules and you'll have to put masks on to leave your cabin in some ports, but not in others.  They're not going to do that - the rules will be uniform.

And CDC guidelines currently recommend masks, I'm not sure why you're hung up on it being a 'recommendation' - that's their guidelines, which they don't have the ability to enforce on any state, the states have to decide.  But they CAN enforce those guidelines for ships to port.

The states have absolutely no say over what the cruise ships enforce - the CDC absolutely has the right to require masks no matter what the state does.

I find it highly likely that ships will require face masks in order to sail.  Not my idea of a fun vacation.

2 minutes ago, Jobeth66 said:

No, it wouldn't go by the state the ship is docked in.  If that's the case, than each port might have different rules and you'll have to put masks on to leave your cabin in some ports, but not in others.  They're not going to do that - the rules will be uniform.

And CDC guidelines currently recommend masks, I'm not sure why you're hung up on it being a 'recommendation' - that's their guidelines, which they don't have the ability to enforce on any state, the states have to decide.  But they CAN enforce those guidelines for ships to port.

The states have absolutely no say over what the cruise ships enforce - the CDC absolutely has the right to require masks no matter what the state does.

I find it highly likely that ships will require face masks in order to sail.  Not my idea of a fun vacation.

they can enforce it yes, like planes are doing, but im just saying the cdc recommendation , is a recommendation. i currently go around with no mask to stores and such.  if it was mandatory around everywhere because of the cdc then i would not be able to. (i have asthma ) so its hard for me. 

rec·om·men·da·tion
/ˌrekəmənˈdāSH(ə)n/

noun

1. a suggestion or proposal as to the best course of action, especially one put forward by an authoritative body.

5 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

they can enforce it yes, like planes are doing, but im just saying the cdc recommendation , is a recommendation. i currently go around with no mask to stores and such.  if it was mandatory around everywhere because of the cdc then i would not be able to. (i have asthma ) so its hard for me. 

rec·om·men·da·tion
/ˌrekəmənˈdāSH(ə)n/

noun

1. a suggestion or proposal as to the best course of action, especially one put forward by an authoritative body.

none of my business but you have asthma and still dont feel the need for a mask? thats interesting

1 minute ago, hftmrock said:

none of my business but you have asthma and still dont feel the need for a mask? thats interesting

because the mask makes it harder to breath . i dont go out much since i work from home.  dont get me wrong, im not that type that is saying party and be around ppl that nothing is wrong. im still cautious. but when i do go to stores i am not required to wear a mask. 

Not go interrupt this argument about American policy in Canada, but... 😂

BC confirmed closed for debarkation this season, Vancouver & Victoria (Seattle departures). There's no way the Federal government will open the Ports without Provincial consent. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/b-c-health-officials-say-cruise-ships-not-welcome-this-summer-1.5567086

Edited by the_thunderbird
  • Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 10:51 AM, seaman11 said:

rec·om·men·da·tion
/ˌrekəmənˈdāSH(ə)n/

noun

Remind us where you are. Your ca iler attitude will possibly get someone else sick. The mask protects others not you!