Carnival Journey Cruise Photography class

richbum

Good Morning-

I know that one of the activities offered is a photography class during a journey cruise. My granddaughter is 8, would she be able to do this...and what do they teach?  Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, richbum said:

Good Morning-

I know that one of the activities offered is a photography class during a journey cruise. My granddaughter is 8, would she be able to do this...and what do they teach?  Thanks in advance!

They are more like seminars.  On our Breeze journey, they were run by Mr Radu, Carnival premier photographer.  I went to both and found them very informative.  He was around the whole cruise to answer questions and to talk to.  

15 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

They are more like seminars.  On our Breeze journey, they were run by Mr Radu, Carnival premier photographer.  I went to both and found them very informative.  He was around the whole cruise to answer questions and to talk to.  

Thank you so much...She is 8 and is just starting to get into photography...and she loves to learn...so Sounds like this is for her. Have a great day!

1 minute ago, richbum said:

Thank you so much...She is 8 and is just starting to get into photography...and she loves to learn...so Sounds like this is for her. Have a great day!

She will def have a good time, as will you all.  A journey cruise is right at the top of our list of past cruises and cannot wait to do another.  Have her go and talk to him.  While somethings can get technical, he is very interesting and will engage with her on a level she can understand.  Highly recommend it.  

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

She will def have a good time, as will you all.  A journey cruise is right at the top of our list of past cruises and cannot wait to do another.  Have her go and talk to him.  While somethings can get technical, he is very interesting and will engage with her on a level she can understand.  Highly recommend it.  

We have been on three journeys cruises that had photo seminars that discussed digital photography and two that discussed taking photos with your phone. After the seminar the lecturer will answer any questions. You might get lucky and catch one of these. If you catch Radu, he’s the Carnival chief photographer. His photos are beautiful.

2 hours ago, plettza said:

Silly question, but what are these Carnival Journey Photography classes that offered?  I don't think I've ever seen anything like this on Spirit or Legend.

They are part of the Journey experience.  The ones we had were run by Mr Radu, Carnivals senior photographer.  It was informal in nature, and he discussed selecting subjects, lighting and cameras (including smart phones).  He also discussed and showed some of his photographs and the story behind them. Very informal and he was open and engaging, these are only on Journey cruises.  

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

They are part of the Journey experience.  The ones we had were run by Mr Radu, Carnivals senior photographer.  It was informal in nature, and he discussed selecting subjects, lighting and cameras (including smart phones).  He also discussed and showed some of his photographs and the story behind them. Very informal and he was open and engaging, these are only on Journey cruises.  

Radu's class is not just Journey cruises, but obviously he has to be on the ship. He usually sponsors a photography contest in conjunction with.

{And Radu isn't on all Journey cruises}

Edited by BlerkOne

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Radu's class is not just Journey cruises, but obviously he has to be on the ship. He usually sponsors a photography contest in conjunction with.

{And Radu isn't on all Journey cruises}

I was not sure, it was listed as one of the Journey features on our Breeze Journey, but that makes sense as I think they over lap (journey cruises).  Thanks for the clarification.  

Edited by jimbo5544

We have been on several Journey Cruises and Radu was not on any of them. The photo seminars were put on by the ship's staff photographers on all. Still a worthwhile experience, and as others said, they were willing to answer questions posed to them either after the program, or you could approach them around the ship. On the Pride they generally always had people approaching them as they were setting up before dinner, and at least one would be the designated question taker.

• Like 1